Wheel Question

Jak

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a dilemma at the mo.....

I went to the autosport show this year and spyed a set of wheels i would quite like for my Z :ninja: . After much research, and finally resorting to contacting the supplier for more info as the wheels are not yet on the net, i have discovered that the wheels are not it the most ideal of sizes......... 8x18" et30 (i know spacers will be required, but i can get the wheels for a great price so can afford to buy spacers too) are the ones im looking at (i was looking for 18's anyway but the 19's they offer are too high offset and would probs not work with the brembo's.)

Anyway, I have the stock Rays wheels at the moment which i believe are a staggered fitment of 8x18 front and 8.5x18 rear, so thats the first kick in the nuts - if i go ahed on these new wheels i'd lose the staggered fit wheels - however as i'd be swapping the fairly new tyres off my Rays the footprint of the rear wheels would still be different to that of the front (correct?) and thus should, to my admittedly un-technicle mind, mean there shouldnt be any drastic changes to the handling characteristics?

Are the non-upgrade 18" wheels supplied on UK cars 8X18" front and rear? or any other model wheels non staggered? (GT4 perhaps?)

Does anyone see me hitting any major problems if i were to go ahead with the new Wheels?

Alternitivly (wildcard here, brace yourselves......) is the brembo clearance issue only apparent on the front? for exampe to retain the staggered fitment i could technically buythe wider 19" wheels for the rear and the smaller but better offset 18" wheels for the front? Obviously this way would require diffrernt sized spacers front and rear too..... i think......

Many thanks

Jak

Thanks Guys!

Dan4 on here runs a non staggered fitment. I think they look awful but he says that he has no problems with them. Pics of his car are in the for sale section.

:lol: is that to do with the style though more than anything else?

Think one of the nismo cars came out of the factory on a 18/19 split. Someone with the purple colour on here is running them.

IMO, if your going after market you may as well go wider.

Think all zed oem wheels are staggered arnt they?

This is the thing, i would ideally like to go wider - but they are not available in a wider fitment :doh: but hey ho, its not like they are Volks or anything - cant afford anything like that for a while! :dry:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/G35_OEM_ ... l_Overview

Scroll up for 350Z OEM wheel sizes. Not all staggered.

Thanks for that Digsy - i knew there was a page like that floating around - just couldnt find it for some reason :wacko:

Does anybody know whether the brembo clearance issues lies with just the front? or does it affect the rears too?

Jak