PS3 Broken Again

Randomfry

I got a PS3 a just over a year ago now. First of all it stopped working after the first month and to be fair to Sony they were good and sent me a new one straight away. But now it's happened again. Turned it on and i get the yellow light. I looked this up and apparently it's known as the YLOD or Yellow Light Of Death haha. So instead of paying out for sony to fix it i found a really handy quide on youtube. Taken it all apart and i'm gonna take the motherboard to work tomorrow and see if i can sort it out. Wish me luck!

Bit of a random thread but i thought it might help some of you out. Apparently it happens quite often. :thumbs:

I had the same issue with my XBox 360. Got the "Red Ring of Death", which surpisingly has nothing to do with Vindaloo currys.

Sent it back to Microsoft and got a new one back 3 weeks later. I looked at few guides on You Tube too, but I'm not much of a tech head, and anyway I thought "It's bust. I didn't busted it. They can fixed it. Why should I bother?"

I'd send it back again, at least then your are not voiding the warranty by tinkering yourself.

Bradders.

Well its out of warranty now anyway and i work for a company that makes flexible circuit boards for the military so if someone at work can't do it i'd be very suprised. Plus i am incredibly inpatient so i wouldn't be able to wait that long. Ha ha.

You sound better qualified than Sony then :lol: