Respray Question your thoughts please members

ec2a350z

Hi,

If you had poor paintwork and were hell bent on getting a full re-spray shuts and all, would you go for the same colour? or different?

I have some colours in mind metallic baby blue or white, but I am concerned about the engine bay. The painter has offered me the option of engine out but I'm not sure, the additional costs of engine out are a bit more than I anticipated.

With the engine bay would you have him unbolt as much as possible and mask the rest then paint it black regardless of body colour?

Or just go or the same colour (Gun Metal Grey) and be done with it?

**Please put aside my colour choice and let me know pro's and cons, I know the costs involved for a proper job but can't really justify the extra engine out costs. As well as the de-valuation of a colour change is there any problem with the engine bay being black and the car being white or blue?**

Thanks Lee

I dont think the car will be devalued if you leave the engine bay the colour it is - but make sure you dont go for a bright colour like Canary yellow or pink! :lol: Then it might look stupid!

Why not go for one of the GTR colours like that brown tinged GM type colour - that looks great B)

Baby blue? Hmmm not sure that would look good on a Zed but hey each to their own - I would maybe go for a deeper blue - metalic of some kind? :)