Volume up and down

magrillz

Hi guys,

Right, nearly there with my Pioneer F910 install. In fact it is actually in and working fine (I think) however I've noticed somethign weird. The volume seems to be going down very gently and thn back up again. Not literally on the Volume indicator as I've set it to say 15 and it's still on 15 when it seems to go quiet. I can't see any trend to when it happens. Thought it might be some wierd auto volume thing on the Pioneer but can't see any settings.

To my limited knowledge this could either be:

A - A faulty Bose adapter/signal booster which I have installed that keeps varying the signal strength.

B - Maybe during the install we cocked something up wuth the Bose amps.

C - Faulty Headunit

I had a complete nightmare installing the headunit as the extra Bose adapter took up extra space and the AC unit wouldn't go back in as there are so many cables at the back. So to say I am dreading taking it all out again is an understatement!

Has anyone ever seen/heard this wierd behaviour before?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

I had a Pioneer head unit which did exactly the same thing ...I can't remember the name of the feature now but it changes the volume slighty depending on the level of surrounding noise.

I thought I was going mad too .. but then I did something I'd never done before and read the manual ... LoL

Ok I've just done some searching and found the name ...it's ASL (Automatic Sound Leveliser) .. See the link below:

http://www.pioneer.de/uk/products/25/121/tech/ASL.html

Check your manual for this feature or anything similar.

:thumbs:

Had a look through and searched the .pdf manual for ASL but can't find anything. The nearest thing it has is Dynamic volume which is off. It does have SLA which is to try and match the volume of the Ipod/CD function to the volume of the radio but this is not related. It's wierd I didn't notice it today so going to see how it goes.

All very odd, will let you know if I suss it out but thanks for the post. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Right then, I think I may have got to the bottom of this. After living with the stereo for a few weeks now and keeping an ear open for the volume change I have ruled out the following:

a) The volume is fine when listening to CD’s

B) The volume is fine when listening to the IPOD.

c) The volume only goes up and down when listening to the radio :blush:

So rather embarrassed to report it seem that the radio signal strength is dropping and instead of getting the usual choppy signal it seems to go a bit quiet instead. Feel like a bit of a doughnut but at least I know it’s not faulty. Never had a problem with the factory unit’s reception but may just be one of those things.