Mark all read on unread posts page

It would be really useful if you could put a link to mark all forums read int the "View unread posts"

Often once you have looked at all you want to you then need to go back to the forum indext to clear them from your unread list. Would just be a nice touch to have

Good point, I shall see what I can do about adding that. At the moment it may take some time as the functionality would need to work differently on a search results page rather than on the index page.

Although once it has been clicked, it would probably have to redirect you to the index page anyway, as the unread topics page would be empty. So for now its a case of returning to the index page and clicking the button from there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just another update on this one - Ive just made some improvements to this code.

Previously (after my brute force code above) the "Mark all forums read" option was available on any set of serach results.

i.e. if you serached for engine bay, and you had 12 results, some of which were unread - the option to mark all forums read was visible - some people may have clicked this believing it would only mark those results as read, when in actual fact it would mark ALL forums read - regardless of whether they were in your set of search results of not.

The changes I have just made now only makes the "mark all forums read" option visible when you have clicked "view unread posts" - therefore showing ALL your unread posts.

When conducting a normal search, this option will not be available at the top of the results in order to avoid people accidentaly marking all their unread items as read.

• 2 weeks later...