Fuel Gauge Unpredictable...

s1xtyn1n3

I've been watching my fuel gauge (needle one, not the dte) and there's a couple of things I'm not sure are quite right.

The first is that if i absolutely brim the tank, it doesn't seem to hit the full mark - just somewhere between 4/4 and 3/4. This in itself is not a problem, but I have also noticed that between this point and the 1/4 mark, the tank only appears to take around 38 litres of fuel....

The DTE indicator suggested I had about 85 miles left on 1/4 of a tank which seems quite a lot.

Is the fuel needle really misleading or does it sound like somethings up with mine?

Mine's having a similar problem. UK CAR. Not seen it go above 3/4 tank for ages and once the fuel was pretty much landing on my shoes so I know it was definately full. Tried other filling stations, other pumps etc. All end with the same result. The gauge and the DTE both seem to relate to each other (when the gauge goes to nearly empty the DTE is pretty low) infact the gauge has been on the lowest possible readout and DTE said none but I knew i'd still got fuel as (amongst other things it got me home) and also I'd already been seeing the problems so assumed it was this problem and I have been keeping track of it by just resetting the mile counter when I fill up, fill it to the brim and then i generally do at most 200 miles, as I know I should be able to get about 250 out of it

I've booked it in for a service on the 22nd as it is due anyway (coming up the mileage not the 12 months) and have mentioned the problem to Nissan and asked them to take a look and let me know what it is. I read a post on here about someone being told by Nissan that their problem was the instrument pod which cost £1200 but I can only assume that's not the problem with mine seen as the DTE is reading the same levels as the gauge. We will see anyway come the 22nd