aircon - on-off-on-off etc

Rob_Quads

My air con has been behaving a bit strangly. At the moment I run it set to Auto location, Auto speed, temp around 18 and air-con turned on.

Every so often it will suddenly stop for a few seconds...then it will turn back on for a few seconds...then back off...then on for a while etc.

It seems very random as to how many times it turns off etc. Its almost as if the temp sensor is starting to play up and it thinks its down to temp then suddenly realises its not so turns back on rather than just slowing it down gently to hold the temp

even if its working hard it should not cut totally off and then come back on at full speed. Had exactly the same problem with my computer at work lol. Fan kept on running in pulses. New firmware and now its nice and gradual.

Maybe a phonecall to nissan is needed.

If it's all on auto then it's probably the climate control just working away. And it turning off to bring the temperature back up when it's gone too far. In this heat recently it might be getting to 18 and cutting off and it warming up pretty quick again.

I don't really understand why people with the auto option don't just set the temperature and everything to auto and let the car do the work???

If it's all on auto then it's probably the climate control just working away. And it turning off to bring the temperature back up when it's gone too far. In this heat recently it might be getting to 18 and cutting off and it warming up pretty quick again.

I don't really understand why people with the auto option don't just set the temperature and everything to auto and let the car do the work???

because it's not the best of systems :blush:

I like mine blasting cold air continuously, or red hot in the winter :blush:

You think? I've had no problems with mine, and with a Volvo and Merc on the drive with climate too there's no noticeable difference.

Each to their own obviously, just if I have a lazy option that keeps me the same temperature I just use that! :D

I like mine blasting cold air continuously, or red hot in the winter :blush:

My favourite combo is to drive back from the dealer after they've still not fixed my clicking rear axle ( :angry: ) keep turning the temperature down but getting hotter..... Not noticing til I get home the heated seat was on........ :blush:

It should not really go from blasting cold air to off then to blasting cold air again though.

It should blast cold air, slow down gently, run at a lower speed to maintain temp and if it needs an extra boost speed up. If it can maintain but turning off and then on gently for a bit fine but to go from nothing to full blast just seems stupid

It takes much more energy to cool something down than to maintain it at a set temperature.

You think? I've had no problems with mine, and with a Volvo and Merc on the drive with climate too there's no noticeable difference.

Each to their own obviously, just if I have a lazy option that keeps me the same temperature I just use that! :D

it's not bad don't get me wrong, just some days it seems better than others :wacko:

It should not really go from blasting cold air to off then to blasting cold air again though.

It should blast cold air, slow down gently, run at a lower speed to maintain temp and if it needs an extra boost speed up. If it can maintain but turning off and then on gently for a bit fine but to go from nothing to full blast just seems stupid

It takes much more energy to cool something down than to maintain it at a set temperature.

I'm going to try mine on the auto sttings tomorrow and see what happens :thumbs: may be the same as yours Rob?

Would seem daft I agree, not run mine this cold on auto so can't compare. Have you tried your dealer to see if there's a fault?

it's not bad don't get me wrong, just some days it seems better than others :wacko:

Just like my clicking rear axle, squeaky rear brakes and fuel consumption!!

Just like my clicking rear axle, squeaky rear brakes and fuel consumption!!

all them problems are worth it tho :blush: or are they???? :p

Guest prescience
I wouldn't have it any other way! :D:p

there not problems anyway, It's character, we have cars with character :thumbs::teeth::headhurt:

Its all satiscraptory ;)