quick question re: hubcentric spacers

Tucks

Iodered the Eibach 20 mm hubcentric spacers, and going to fit this week.

Just wanted to check if you put them on as tight as possible, and is it possible to overtighten them? Obviously from a safety point of view, just want to get it right!

Could be being a chump, but just wanted to check, and, any other tips re: fitting?

Don't over tighten them ... trust me , learn from my mistake !!. :angry:

I over tightened one of mine and rounded the stud trying to remove it ... had to cut the spacer off the hub in the end !!

The studs are VERY soft and easily rounded !.

I think there was a recent post re the proper torque settings so worth having a squint for that :thumbs:

Do not over tighten them! Tighten them up to the same spec as wheels (around 85ft-lb) and make sure you do them in a star formation, going say 40 - 60 - 90ft-lbs. It is important not to over torque and do it in the right pattern to make it sit true to the hub :thumbs:

Also an idea to check them a week later to make sure they've not backed off at all. Then do the same with your wheels a week after that to make sure they arent backing out