This Could Be Of Interest To Some.

Tricky-Ricky

Looked into this before but there was issue with the maps on uk fuel.

Also there are always variances on the cars so unless you know how to tune a car my preference is to give it too someone that knows they are doing. You will get more out of the car.

Looked into this before but there was issue with the maps on uk fuel.

Also there are always variances on the cars so unless you know how to tune a car my preference is to give it too someone that knows they are doing. You will get more out of the car.

What was the issue with UK fuel? i know US octane rating is different/lower, but there should be an equivalent to UK.

I said to some, as there are some people including myself who do have experience of mapping ECUs, i need to do a complete read of the manual but it could be more unrestricted than the Uprev system, IE you don't keep having to pay for remaps, as there are quite a few ready made options, besides being able to create your own.

whats their support like?

just read a thread on my350z some dude getting it tuned melting his cylinders as a result, looks like he got it sorted from cobb though.

http://g35driver.com/forums/dfw-g35-own ... -13th.html

http://g35driver.com/forums/dfw-g35-own ... t-lie.html

13psi... crazy.... :blackeye:

looking at my haltech interface it really put me off trying to do my own tunes, way to much setting to make a meltdown on! :shrug:

I was only really thinking in terms of using it for N/A, if i was going to go FI i would stick to EMU, but in any case boosting a 10.5-1 engine to 13 psi is mechanical suicide anyway, using that sort add on,

I would only consider risking higher boost using a much more sophisticated ECU that had live/learning det suppression system, and even then i would want to use thicker head gaskets.

After having a read through the manual i cant actually see much that says you can configure your own maps with the Cobb device, think i would need to see the software to be sure.

On reflection price for price v functionality, i still think i would go for EMU.