Handling seems soft

slyadams

Hey guys,

Had my Z for about 5 months now and still love it, however, I have a concern that has come about since I got back from holiday over Christmas. The handling seems to have gotten quite soft, the steering feels light and somewhat dead and thus isn't inspiring the confidence that I once had in the car. In fact, I now feel less than comfortable going anywhere over about 85 on a dual carriageway.

I had a blowout the second time I drove the car after the recent snow/ice, about 2 weeks ago, so may be a psychological thing but I don't think so.

Would appreciate any help/recommendations. If needs be I can take it to get it looked at.

Cheers,

Simon

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I got myself a pressure checker and pump and tweaked them all up to 35PSI (as indicated by the plaque on the door sill). A couple were around 5PSI low (including the one changed after the blowout, useless garage!).

Tyres the same size and same type? What make are they, as they may not like the cold too much?

Tbh after a blowout your confidence is going to be shattered and quite understandably, so if everything is correct then I'd put it down to that. Get yourself on a driver training day to give yourself some confidence back.

I'll try to get someone to look at it this weekend. Will be annoyed if its off and the people who replaced the tyre didn't sort it.

they wouldn't check the alignment unless you asked for it, its a additional charge of around £35 to do a car. They would only do balancing