First Wash Since October....

From A to Zed

I know, if it were a dog the RSPCA would have taken it away from me… 4 months without a bath :oops:

I’ve had a few personal/family issues to deal with lately and as such simply not the time. I couldn’t face subjecting her to a carwash, or supermarket grit-o-wash, so that’s that.

Anyway, this weekend I have focused on the bodywork. Next weekend will be the wheels, arches, interior and engine bay.

My first step was to clean the car with my Gilmour and Poorboys shampoo. I had to repeat this step, rinsing several times, to avoid swirling the paint and causing further harm. Once washed I clayed the car from bumper to bumper using a generous amount of quick detailer to lubricate.

At this stage I called on my good friend Ross (armed with his Meguires G220's dual action polisher) to lend a hand. Ross had not previously detailed a 350z so we took a conservative approach using some mild Lake Country pads and Minerva polishes. This proved quite successful, removing the majority of my swirl marks, but left a few deeper scratches behind. The job was finished with Blackfire’s gloss enhancing polish and a final coat of poorboy’s natty paste.

I have to admit that I really fancy treating myself to a dual action polisher now! Oh, and the halogen light was a steal at 25 quid from B&Q, I highly recommend one but you will cry when first see how bad your paint really is. 18 months ago I was happy with a spounge & bucket… This is becoming another addictive habit!

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures, garage shots only I am afraid…

http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... 10_detail/

And I know the wheels and arches are filthy!!!

Cheers for reading,

Matt

Its always scary aint it,especially when youve not long had the car & dont know how much you can push the paint etc.Im going to get one of the blokes i work with to do mine when its got nicer and the weather gives you chance to spend a while on it.I need to polish mine but last time i tried to use the red mist on it it just wouldnt dry,too damp out there :thumbdown:

Great work!!! :thumbs:

Wish I had such a large garage........spent ages looking for our new house and moved in just before Christmas; garage was a must on our wish list and we managed to find a lovely house with a detached garage......good times!!!!

Only issue now is that once I get her in and out of the rain..........I have to sleep there with her!!! This doesn't go down to well with the missus; she actually thinks I'm having an affair.