New Nismo exhaust fitted - pics

matth76

Hi guys

Yesterday I got my second hand Nismo exhaust fitted by GT Art just down my road who did a great job fitting it and my old exhaust was a complete nightmare to get off. I got the exhaust last week courtesy of Zmanalex and Colin (Ebized). It was in fact from Colin's old 350z. Thank you both for your help. By the way seeing Colin's new 370z in person it is absolutely stunning :teeth:

My old stock exhaust had a blow in it near the backbox and was quite loud so I knew fitting the Nismo would actually make my car a bit quieter, similar to stock, and I was right but only at idle and low revs. However when you get the revs over 2500 there is now a nice howl that gets steadily louder the faster you get, which my stock exhaust (even with a blow) never had. I'm getting very addicted to pulling the windows down and blipping the throttle at every opportunity. It's like getting a new car all over lol. I have to admit it doesn't sound much like the sound clips you get on youtube - but then again I haven't stood at the back when it was revved (which is how most clips are done). I have only really experienced it sitting/driving in the car. I will need to get my gf to rev it for me when I'm standing at the rear or get her to do a drive by.

I am tempted to get some high flow cats to really get the noise out. Just not sure which yet. Ultimate Racing ceramic ones look pretty good and are supposed to work well with the Nismo Y-pipe flanges.

Here are some pics (taken with phone):

photo.jpg

The pic above show up all the dirt! Roads were full of puddles yesterday!

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

My car probably needs a clean!

Oh, and the car revs harder now and there is definitely an improvement in acceleration. With a remap should see some good improvement on the dyno.