JDM battery

jim

My battery is starting to play up after not being used for most of the recent cold spell. In fact, it's on the charger at the moment after failing to start the car this morning.

Although the car started after only a few minutes on the charger, I think this is the first sign that the battery may be needing replaced soon. Having searched a few threads, I know that a few people have had to make the same change recently. However, apart from one member who got a Vartia battery at ABS in Guildford, I can't seem to find out what people eventually found to replace theirs.

Can anyone who has replaced their battery recommend a specific model that is close to the spec of the original JDM one?

Most people simply replace the OEM battery for an Optima Yellow Top D35... which holds great charge and supports quite a bit of abuse in the form of many electronics working even if the car has not been started.

I took a different route at some point in the past -but keep in mind this is not a deep cycle battery and *will* die if you use it to anything other to start the car:

195498508_hBWW3-XL.jpg

I used to have a Stinger Sp1000 on my FTO so it would run all my ice too,it was pretty costly at £300 though,then i had to get terminals & cut of the cars original ones.ended up spending an extra £60+ on some platinum autoleads terminals with a digital display on the +tive terminal