Invaildated Warrenty

captint

Hi as I have HF cats and a Kinetix Plenium, would my warrenty be totally invalid?

A dealer told me yesterday that having different oil in my car invalidates my warranty ( :scare: ) so I think yours would be stuffed :surrender:

that's utter bollox, btw. if the oil you used meets or exceeds Nissan's specs (all oils talked about on here do, btw) your warranty is valid. I actually can't believe what you have been told sarnie. and you believing that, after having been on here for so long :lol:

Hi as I have HF cats and a Kinetix Plenium, would my warrenty be totally invalid?

A dealer told me yesterday that having different oil in my car invalidates my warranty ( :scare: ) so I think yours would be stuffed :surrender:

that's utter bollox, btw. if the oil you used meets or exceeds Nissan's specs (all oils talked about on here do, btw) your warranty is valid. I actually can't believe what you have been told sarnie. and you believing that, after having been on here for so long :lol:

Mate, I never said I believed it I just said thats what he told me :thumbs:

Good thinking :thumbs: Would,t they have to prove that the mod had a relevance to the issue or can they just tell me to p:ss off. Not that there is an issue but you never know

in my experience of dealers and manufacturers if they have any excuse at all not to do warranty work, they will seize the chance with both hands. :)

but see it from there point of view where do you draw the line with modifications? They just have a blanket clause "any mods whatsover no warranty!" if you start adding engine mods they defo wont pay out if she blows :dry:

Id like to see a dealer dispute a claim on something like the leather interior due to say, a pop charger being fitted though.

They would find themselves on the wrong side of a writ.

no I think you'd be OK on that one Chris... :thumbs: .. When you fitting the pop charger then :teeth:

So at what point did you tell him 2 p**s off???

So at what point did you tell him 2 p**s off???

I didn't tell him to **** off cos I was trying to wangle a drop top for 48hrs :teeth:

What the dealer is saying is totally illegal!

As long as the oil (or anything else for that matter) you use meets Nissan specification you are fully entitled to use it. If he really tries this on give the local teading standards a call, It will cost them a very large amount of money. All of the top end real synthetics are vastly superior to what a dealer would put in your car, not in their interest to have cars lasting problem free outside of warranty I'm afraid.