Black rubber strip under front bumper/lip

matth76

Hi

Does anyone know (or have a diagram) of how to adjust or remove the tough black rubber strip that goes all along underneath the front bumper/lip? I understand it is held on by about five clips but cannot work out how to re-adjust or move it up or take it off. Mine is currently hanging low about a couple of cms in the middle area and is a bit scuffed. Until I get a new rubber strip I want to try and move mine up so it is in the right position and not hanging low. Is it just a case of tighening up some small nuts underneath and at the back of the rubber strip? From what I can feel there are some nuts behind the rubber strip at set intervals - but they are as tight as they can be so tightening them up doesn't work. I'm assuming they need to be loosened and then the clips moved up? Unfortunately I don't have a stubby screwdriver so can't do much more, so will have to buy one - but if anyone can let me know if they have had to do this before and if loosening them will allow me to re-adjust the rubber strip? Do I have to reach down inside the engine bay near the radiator to hold the bolts at the same time as loosening/tightening the nuts behind the rubber strip? I may need three arms lol. Thanks for any help and info.

if the clips/screws are tight, perhaps the aero strip is bent. I have swapped mine and it was simply undo the screws and remove and reverse the operation. Nothing fancy. Just got to the screws from underneath. Nothing via the engine bay. Is your undertray connected to the aero strip. It uses the same clips at the front.