GARMIN - name & shame

Digsy

Was on my way to see an important client today, and meeting not one but two QCs there to boot. Meeting was 200 miles away in Ashington, north of Newcastle. Plugged in my trusty 3 month old Garmin sat nav and set off. Just got off the motorway and the screen freezes - nothing I do or press will make it move or indeed turn off - in fact it's probaly still on in the glovebox now.

Of course I had not prepared any other navigation, streetmap print off etc. and had to wing it, arriving 20 mins late and very embarassed.

Some may remember that this is the second Garmin I've bought since Xmas - the first one didn't manage to work at all!

Hopefully, this will be a warning to anyone planning to buy from Garmin..... :rant:

Rant over.

C320 guys. Apparently the reset button isn't on the back and you have to start prizing off bits of plastic to get to it - not very convenient whilst you're driving! :dry:

Methinks it's going back to be replaced with a Tom Tom as the consensus still seems to be that it's the best budget buy.

Just taken it back to Dixons (or Currys Digital as it is now) - not a word of apology and wouldn't meet their internet price on a Tom Tom One. Got my money back and won't be spending it there in future. :rant:

Just taken it back to Dixons (or Currys Digital as it is now) - not a word of apology and wouldn't meet their internet price on a Tom Tom One. Got my money back and won't be spending it there in future. :rant:

I wouldn't even buy a cable from that place. Only thing its good for is to see something in person (assuming they have the stock) then go online and use Kelkoo etc to find it a hell of a lot cheaper.

Although they getting wise to that, they tend to change the model numbers (in agreement with manufacturer) to one or digit different or additional suffix code, so that you don't get a direct comparison. You can usually work it out though..... :thumbs: