LHD Headlights.

Rob-Hughes

Hi there everyone,

Bit of a long shot but I'm after a set of LHD headlights to fit a 2004 GT spec. Unfortunately they cant be off a US spec car as they have a flat beam.

If anyone knows where I can get a set of rear fog lights to that would be great. The light needs to be on the left hand side.

Will be used in mainland Europe.

They dont have to be OEM, quite open to aftermarket items.

Many thanks, Rob

Rob, I bought US lights and they flew through the BFG in June. I bought them from Z1 Auto. They were about £1200 all in for Xenons. If you require the projector lights they are cheap as chips - £300 or so. Also I bought crystal rear lights with a red LED bulb for the fog. All passed first time. I'll dig out all the links. Wait, out.

Hi again Danny,

I've had a look and it looks like a good option. I have a few questions however.

Did you just piggy-back a wire for the rear fog light to the other side?

What does the car look like with the black internals on the headlights?

If you have any pics it would be a great help or if you are near Gutersloh any chance I could have a look?

Cheers buddy.

Answer to Q1: A BFG friendly garage in Bergen did the fog / reverse swap for me as my technical know-how is zero.

Answer to Q2: My Zed is a 06 so I bought Xenons which were a straight swap and don't have the black internals. Those projector lights were another option I was looking at but the Xenon wiring is different.

Another option to the Fog/reverse is this which is really simple to do and improves the symetry of the rear: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23262&hilit=+how+clear+out+rear+fog

I'm now back in the UK and have sold my Xenons to another member who's off to BFG and didn't get pictures of the transition.

I got hold of some clear rears and ran a crossover cable to switch the fog and reverse lights. Nothing too dramatic, the part that took the longest was removing the rear bumper! If you're unsure drop me a pm and I'll talk you through it. Or if you happen to be near Paderborn at any point I can show you!

There seems to be a lot of misinformation flying around about headlights. I would suggest checking what people at your local BFG testing dept have passed with. I got hold of some 2nd hand euro-spec lights but they're like hens teeth. If you can get a pass with US lights like Danny that would probably be the easier - and certainly cheaper - option.

Hi guys,

Only seen a white JDM in Gutersloh, a RMP lad has it but its under a cover at the mo due to lack of lights so I'm told.

Will have a word with one of the testers I think, he's a member of the camp motor club and might turn a blind eye for a slab of beer!!!!!!!!!

Wookiee, if I could have a look at yours that would be great, I'm a bit reluctant to do some gash wiring to the car LOL.

I'll PM you and maybe sort something out.

Cheers again fellas.

Thing is, as you probably know, he'll have to register it at some point while he's there else SOBA(G) will be all over him. He probably didn't realise the headlight issue would be such a pain in the arse, as it really is (£1200 for me). It took me 2 months to BFG my Zed when I was there. I was posted back to UK 4 months later :lol: So a complete waste of time and effort.

Hey Danny i still havent got the lights put on my car yet as my posting was extended but will be getting them put on soon as im moving back in March so i have been told lol.

Might have a look at the rear lights as with mine being a jap import it is going to need a fog light fitted in the rear clusters.