Gearbox/Clutch change & oils...

MattMe

Hi.

I just ordered my Exedy clutch kit from eBay (£258 inc. delivery) as I'm changing the gearbox and clutch next weekend. :boxing:

The synchro seems to have gone as I'm getting quite severe crunching when changing into 5th so I thought seeing as it's done 55k now I may as well change the clutch at the same time. Don't want to be doing this again any time soon.

So... I have a few questions:

1. Is there a guide for changing the gearbox/clutch on here? I haven't found one yet. (If not I think I shall take it upon myself to make one. About time I gave something back)

2. What oil should I purchase and how mcuh should I put in the gearbox? I was advised as the gearbox I'm fitting has been sat around a while to change it after doing a few miles in it. Not sure if that'll be necessary myself.

3. Are there any tools that'll make the job easier? I helped change a clutch once before and I seem to remember someone advising to use a clutch alignment tool.

4. How many other parts will obstruct the swap? Exhaust/under-trays etc? I've never been under the car in the full 10 months of ownership - I don't know what I've been messing about at :lol:

That's all I can think of right now so if there's any advise floating around in the vast knowledge of this forum that might help me please let it be known.

:thumbs:

Hi.

I just ordered my Exedy clutch kit from eBay (£258 inc. delivery) as I'm changing the gearbox and clutch next weekend. :boxing:

The synchro seems to have gone as I'm getting quite severe crunching when changing into 5th so I thought seeing as it's done 55k now I may as well change the clutch at the same time. Don't want to be doing this again any time soon.

So... I have a few questions:

1. Is there a guide for changing the gearbox/clutch on here? I haven't found one yet. (If not I think I shall take it upon myself to make one. About time I gave something back)

2. What oil should I purchase and how mcuh should I put in the gearbox? I was advised as the gearbox I'm fitting has been sat around a while to change it after doing a few miles in it. Not sure if that'll be necessary myself.

3. Are there any tools that'll make the job easier? I helped change a clutch once before and I seem to remember someone advising to use a clutch alignment tool.

4. How many other parts will obstruct the swap? Exhaust/under-trays etc? I've never been under the car in the full 10 months of ownership - I don't know what I've been messing about at :lol:

That's all I can think of right now so if there's any advise floating around in the vast knowledge of this forum that might help me please let it be known.

:thumbs:

it would indeed be good to see a guide on the box change mate :) mine will be changed soon hopefully, i'll take a few pics if it helps :) (wont be me doing it though)