Berlin - recommendations?

AK350Z

Wahey! I'm going to Berlin with Fran and a couple of friends in June, and barring the odd visit when i was doing my 70 hour weeks in Holland the other year, it'll be the first holiday abroad we've had in the 4 years since we met!

We are there for 4 days, so any reccomendations? Places to eat especially welcome :drunk:

The one thing I did notice was that it's Berlin Gay Pride on the saturday! :lol: One of our party is rather happy about that.... :blush:

Alexander platz is cool to chill in. take the tram up to riecstag area (check spelling) some nice bars along the river serving their local beer Berliner :drunk:

have a walk round that area where all the old buildings are its amazing real sense of history and suffering the buildings are still bare the battle wounds of the war.

i think from their the brandenburg gates are quite accessible and the city centre is a 10 minute walk

really nice city spoilt by the graffiti .

Dont forget to buy a subway ticket about 6 euros from the self serve machine, they dont take kindly to free riders :)

Hi andy

I went a few years ago, stayed on kurfurstendam. Was good sat outside the hotel with a glass of wine watching the many porsches and amg mercs using the street as a bit of a race track in the evening!

Went up the tv tower on Alexander platz which is worth doing cos you can see the difference between the east and west. Went to the Reichstag aswell, if you go, go early otherwise you'll be queueing for hours-not sure it's worth it tbh though.

Check point Charlie museum is good and there are nice Places to stop for kafe und kuchen on unter den linden.

Found a couple of good restaurants one was a vegetarian indian and it was really good. The waiter looked exactly like Valentino rossi aswell ! Unfortunately I've no idea where the restaurants were cos it was a few years ago ! One of them may have been near Alexander platz behind a main street in a cobbled area with quite a few restaurants/bars together and loads of seating outside

a boat trip along the canals/river was also good and you get to see the buildings etc from a different perspective

I really liked it and want to go back some day