The Internet bloody marvellous!!

lomoto

Bought a cheap Ford Explorer from a friend the other day, mainly because it was cheap, but also had an eye on the fact Winter will soon be round the corner :scare:

Anyway to cut a long story short, lovely car, drove 100% despite being 8 years old.. Everything worked Ok , except the heater system , either froze your balls off with the aircon, or roasted you to death.Nothing in between!!

Had a word with a technician in a Ford dealership ,who looked on the service bulletins etc.. and came to the conclusion the heater blender door was broken.. Cool :thumbs: £10 part... but £650 labour to fit :scare: dash has to come out completely, plus other gubbins.. Ok no probs will have to live with heater as it is I thought, Winters coming at least it will be warm!

This problem nagged at me , I hate driving a car where it doesnt work 100%.. looked at Google ,and there it was!!!! on an Ameican site apparently Ford had a major problem with this blender door breaking and wouldnt do anything about it once out of warranty.However some kind soul devised a quick fix for it and posted it up on a website 100% free., No dash rip out neccesary just a few skinned knuckles getting to the parts and a bit more trouble as mine isnt left hand drive. so a couple of hours work on Sunday, a bit of drilling and a nail..Yes a nail and the old girls heater working a treat :thumbs:

The Internet is truely wonderfull when it works like this , people sharing informatiom FREELY amongst one another :D

ps.. info site is here if your intrested :headhurt:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/lc/lc.php?ac ... orfix.html

Bought a cheap Ford Explorer

Why :blush:

no .., a bit flippant my last reply... because every winter I really need a four wheel drive, I have quite a steep drive to my house and most normal cars wouldnt make it, if there was snow or ice on it plus the fact its a gravelled drive doesnt help. Also I do a bit of shooting so need something to go off road thats not too expensive so I dont ming rattling a gate post or two with it and having wet dogs etc messing up the interior.. and a cheap Ford Explorer fits the bill this season.. With the heater working :thumbs: . Last season it was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, season before a Range Rover...

no .., a bit flippant my last reply... because every winter I really need a four wheel drive, I have quite a steep drive to my house and most normal cars wouldnt make it, if there was snow or ice on it plus the fact its a gravelled drive doesnt help. Also I do a bit of shooting so need something to go off road thats not too expensive so I dont ming rattling a gate post or two with it and having wet dogs etc messing up the interior.. and a cheap Ford Explorer fits the bill this season.. With the heater working :thumbs: . Last season it was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, season before a Range Rover...

That was the answer I was after. Just a reason why thats all. No need for the prior answer IMO. :thumbdown:

That was the answer I was after. Just a reason why thats all. No need for the prior answer IMO. :thumbdown:

IMO theres no need for 90% of your answers to posts :p or are you trying to draw me ? :blush:

IMO theres no need for 90% of your answers to posts :p or are you trying to draw me ? :blush:

Why do you then :p Usually 10 secs afterwards!!! :p:p

:love:

I may have a yellow car but I like girls unfortunately :surrender::p

You sure :headhurt:

You sure :headhurt:

Yep. I think........ :scare::p