Problem with petrol guage

vagmag

I would like to ask sorry for my english ... but I really cannot translate everything.

Our cars have a petrol guage and also a calculator that says haw many miles are left dte (electronic computer gauge)

Well everything started (I think) when I changed the battery on MY04 Z.

When I start the engine , the petrol guage (even when the tank is full) goes until the half way (not full). At the same time the DTE says 500 Km *It is on Km, and starts going down (5km per while).... so 495, 490, ... 280... at about 280 stops ... probably the electronic is equal with the analog at that point.

Afterwards both the petrol guage and the electronic instrument dte starts climbing until both reach the real levels...

Next day again the same and the same.

This procedure is not fast. It takes more than 20 minutes of driving to equal both instruments and find out what the remain gazoline is ...

Any idea what that is?

yeah thats the one, only need to do the first one, the others are for different things.

it takes a bit of practice, but its do able.

helps if you have a mate to help read the instructions as you do it and time you.

i had my mate dan help me do it once, and then we reset the throttle posisition as well.