Drivers Window doesn't always go down when opening

cleggr

Help!! This is the most annoying intermittent fault, and its damaging my paintwork at the top of the B pillar :headhurt:

I thought it stopped working when it rained, but for the past few times its rained, its worked. Then i thought the rain had dripped in overnight and stopped it, but no! It just stops whenever it wants too!!! :thumbdown:

Something inside the door clicks when the door sensor is pushed (when the door is open) but the window does not drop. The car was sat in the same place for 2 weeks until this morning, and the window works! Is this a common problem and is there anything i can do? :blink:

Grateful for any pointers,

Cheers,

Rich :)

Common fault, have a search about for the reset how to...

May be that you need a new motor... they way I got mime to work was by holding the button in the up position and then banging the inside of the door around the center area and then moving over towards the air vent, you will know where the sweet spot is when the window starts to go up!!

yeah had the thump for a a while , reset did nothing .

luckily im pretty experienced with electric motors so pulled mine apart and recond it(stripped motor completly and cleaned with motor cleaned ect etc)

in my case and probably your the brushes had clogged and wre not always springin into contact so the thump was just getting them free each time.

follow one of the guides and it should fix it , takes while but well worth the effort.