Insurance Claim - GT4

mercurial

Just wondered if I could get people's opinion on the scenario I'm in.

My car got bumped into the other day, denting the bumper and nicked about 15mm from the side wing along with scratching the right main headlight shells.

The fault wasn't mine so will be claiming from the other party who has already admitted fault.

I phoned up Nissan and got a quote for parts only....... which for the bumper itself costs just under £700 primed for a GT4 OEM bumper!!!

Now this got me thinking, if the bumper is going to cost this much, I want to think about putting a body kit on it instead....as the bumper usually costs the most anyway....

Can this be done, anyone had any experience of this and how you can go abouts doing this?

It depends on who you go to!! £700 will buy you a large ammount of a decnt body kit but wont cover the paint, paint on top for a bumper will be about another £250 to £350 depending on where you live..Isnt the GT4 bumper just a stock one unless you have a nismo kit on it?

Also scratched lights, they cant always be buffed out and your looking at another 950 to 1050 from nissan (but there are always other ones up for grabs on this and the other UK forums...)

If you in the south, go see Big Jon at JC Auto refinishing in Cranleigh... he will know what your trying to do and sort you out ;) Link is in my sig... Dont just go to anyone for the bumper respray... I take it its a yellow one?

Ideally it would be grand if I could somehow wrangle a full body kit :p but of course, don't think thats possible. I was gonna "top up" basically on the rest of the kit as it will overall cost me less for resprays etc. Just gotta find out what I can and can't do with an insurance claim as it won't be like for like etc...

Unfortunately "Big Jons" place is a bit far at the moment for a person who has a broken ankle :wacko: if not I would most definitely go there..... I'm over at Bromley Kent at the moment... Anyone know of any other bodyshop places highly recommended??

By the way... Fiddy.... u might want to change your hyper link to as it takes you to bath tubs and floor repairs :lol: did a quick google though thanks

It does as well :lol::lol:

As far as I know the GT4 bumpers are the same as standard cars.......£700 unpainted sounds very excessive to me................

By the way... Fiddy.... u might want to change your hyper link to as it takes you to bath tubs and floor repairs :lol: did a quick google though thanks

Sorted!! Cheers mate, some how if you met BIG john you would know he wouldnt do either of those... :)

You may want to call Envy and see what they have in stock and get some prices / ideas of what they have available. And then get a cost to fit, john may be able to give you an idea over the phone (just tell him mark with the silver 350z sent you) but he will give you a caveat of " we wont be able to be 100% till we see the kit and see if any other work is needed!"

Your only getting your money "like for like" as you know the cost of parts etc! How you spend it is another thing... but I guess you will need to present a bill / receipt to their insurance company?

Just trying to remember who has had work done round your area! How far can you travel as you will need to get quotes..

Just remembered!! Did this include the full kit including all the bottom lip and also the ultra expensive bit of polystyrene that fits behind the bumper... IIRC just the bumper is about £350 to £400 direct from Nissan (+VAT)

Yeah, this was quoted for the full front bumper change by Nissan - Croydon.

Noted that Ancaster Nissan (High Performance Centre) gave me a CNC Panels in Sydenham to have a look at it tomorrow for a quote as they do their main body work for the GTR's, 350's and 370's down there.....so I am hoping its going to be a half decent place :wacko:

But hopefully I can get a few more quotes from anyone who knows of anywhere within a 15 to 20 mile radius of Bromley :D The old man offered to drive my car there, but can't have him driving too far or it won't only be the front I might be replacing.......

Just remembered!! Did this include the full kit including all the bottom lip and also the ultra expensive bit of polystyrene that fits behind the bumper... IIRC just the bumper is about £350 to £400 direct from Nissan (+VAT)

So the £700 was for Nissan to supply and fit the bumper, not to just supply it?

Noted that Ancaster Nissan (High Performance Centre) gave me a CNC Panels in Sydenham to have a look at it tomorrow for a quote as they do their main body work for the GTR's, 350's and 370's down there.....so I am hoping its going to be a half decent place :wacko:

But hopefully I can get a few more quotes from anyone who knows of anywhere within a 15 to 20 mile radius of Bromley :D The old man offered to drive my car there, but can't have him driving too far or it won't only be the front I might be replacing.......

Are ancasters a HPC now :blink:

I got a quote od CNC when I needed my door ding sorted.... (well more of a dent!!) CNC wanted about 1000, crawley down nissan wanted about £1800 and at Johns it was about £500 and that included a black roof and a couple of other stone chip touch ups!

The Ancaster in Bromley is HPC but not the Croydon one...

Got quotes back and all companies issued around £3k for the fixing and I swear the damage isn't that bad!!

Eitherway, it gonna be an insurance jobby, so I guess I'm happy to let the bodyshop get a good deal as long as they do a darn good job!!

Looking at giving it to xquisite in croydon to do as somebody mentioned them on the forum...how's he compared to big John?