My drivers door is f**ked

elecious

Thought it may have been frozen but i dont think it is :(

The door opened ok first thing this morning then when i came to close it it just bounced off the frame, i managed to get it to close in the end but now it wont open at all. I cant even hear the mechanism for the door latch.

Has anybody else had this?

It also happened a couple of days ago and then started working ok.

Thats happened to me once before. When I looked the window hadn't dropped like it normally does when you open the door. I put it down to that, but thinking back the locking mechanism maybe frozen. That would bemy first place to check.

Thats happened to me once before. When I looked the window hadn't dropped like it normally does when you open the door. I put it down to that, but thinking back the locking mechanism maybe frozen. That would bemy first place to check.

Thats what i first thought because i managed to get the door working again last time by messing around with the lock (Turning it on and off etc), can i check the lock any other way or can i heat it up somewhere lol

Could be a frozen lock, maybe spray some lock de-icer into the key hole and see if it frees it up. Failing that, could be the opening cable is loose somewhere in the door. Is the interior opening handle still resisting when you open it or is it loose?

Could be a frozen lock, maybe spray some lock de-icer into the key hole and see if it frees it up. Failing that, could be the opening cable is loose somewhere in the door. Is the interior opening handle still resisting when you open it or is it loose?

Will try the deicer. thats not going to damage the lock or anything is it?

The interior handle is loose, its not stuck or anything, it just doesnt seem to be activating the opeing mechnisim but otherwise it is working, same with the outer handle.

I had the same problem last night in -3C , I could open the pass door so I climbed over to the drivers door, and unlocked it from the inside using the little grey switch on the handle itself, After that it was fine,

Dont even bother trying to lower your windows when iced up, will only damage the window mech

I had exactly the same thing when mine froze up a couple of weeks ago. Handles didn't seem to do anything on either door.

Lots of deicer, swearing and scraping and the passenger door eventually opened...

where were you using the deicer? On the door lock itself on the outside as mentioned above?

I had a problem with my windows this morning ... when I opened the door they didn't go down as usual ... I'm guessing that's due to the extremely cold weather and ice ...

Tried to use the window about 15 minutes later and nothing ... wouldn't budge ... so I just left it for another hour after which it returned back to normal ...

Could just be due to the freezing conditions ... It already jammed my CD Player ... which has mysteriously started working again!

:thumbs:

I've had this happen a couple of times, it's pretty cold over here in Germany. :cold:

It always seems to be the driver's door rather than the passenger's. Normally takes about 10 minustes worth of running the car and liberal use of deicer to get it free. The comedy normally comes from trying to get into the driver's seat through the passenger's door. Not all that easy for the larger gentleman!

I've had this happen a couple of times, it's pretty cold over here in Germany. :cold:

It always seems to be the driver's door rather than the passenger's. Normally takes about 10 minustes worth of running the car and liberal use of deicer to get it free. The comedy normally comes from trying to get into the driver's seat through the passenger's door. Not all that easy for the larger gentleman!

:lol: I had that too! thought it would be easy to slide over but that transmission tunnel is begger than it looks!

Not elegant at all! :headhurt: