What happened on Thursday????

lomoto

Guest prescience
What made a record amount of people jump on this site last Thursday??? have I missed something?? double the previous number :thumbs:

Prob. a google spider or similar - has happened before :)

What made a record amount of people jump on this site last Thursday??? have I missed something?? double the previous number :thumbs:

I posted some pics of my car :yawn:

that makes a welcome change then :yawn:

This is all an urban myth now. I ain't posted one pic for ages!!!!! :scare:

Still trying to find the answer to that question..

As Dorian says, this has happened previously with a google spider. However this time it wasn't a google spider.

The site was checked at the time that this was happening, and we could see all the ip addresses of the "guests" on the site. These resolved back to various ISP's and all appeared to be bonafide visitors.

The explanationsfor this can be either a virus targeting our site with a very poor attempt at a DOS attack (denial of service). Or we may have been mentioned on some other popular site, or even limited audiance broadcast.

Whatever it was, it was very strange, as it was not a search engine - but actual individual connections.