Snow + me + M25 = d'oh

flamingMoe

Evening all,

I did introduce myself a while back, but I kinda went missing ( :drunk: ) for a bit... soz x

Right, so we've had a little flurry of snow over the past couple of weeks, as you may have noticed, and I've pranged the Z on the M25. Nothing too bad, just lost the back-end while doing no more than 25mph, suddenly gripped and threw me, nearside frontend first, in to the banking before jct 18 (through the roadworks for anyone that knows the area). It then shot me down the jct 18 slip road and slid straight in to the roundabout at the bottom :doh:

Theres very little 'physical' damage, just a few scratches to the front bumper (you can hardly see them to be honest), but will try to get a pic of it for you.

Anywho the reason I bore you with this tale of crap driving is that it seems to have developed a 'squeak' coming from somewhere around the nearside front. It is extremely hard to describe and pinpoint, so don't expect you to be able to assist that much, but it seems to perform its 'squeak' when I hit a bump in the road) so thinking suspension (yeah I know, I'm quite the mechanic).

It's not loud, but it is simply the most annoying ****ing thing in my life at the moment.

You're going to tell me to take it to a garage, arent you? :dry:

(been reading a few threads, I've missed this gaff ;) )

Cheers chaps. I see your NYE is about as exciting as mine (for the record I've got to be at work at 06:30 and figured the fuzz might fancy tugging me first thing..... so to speak).

Have a mate who runs diags on Alfas (he's a very busy boy), so hoping to get it in his workshop in the coming few days, fingers crossed it's something minor. Will keep you updated, in what can only be described as THE most entertaining thread of 2009.

x

Evening all,

I did introduce myself a while back, but I kinda went missing ( :drunk: ) for a bit... soz x

Right, so we've had a little flurry of snow over the past couple of weeks, as you may have noticed, and I've pranged the Z on the M25. Nothing too bad, just lost the back-end while doing no more than 25mph, suddenly gripped and threw me, nearside frontend first, in to the banking before jct 18 (through the roadworks for anyone that knows the area). It then shot me down the jct 18 slip road and slid straight in to the roundabout at the bottom :doh:

Theres very little 'physical' damage, just a few scratches to the front bumper (you can hardly see them to be honest), but will try to get a pic of it for you.

Anywho the reason I bore you with this tale of crap driving is that it seems to have developed a 'squeak' coming from somewhere around the nearside front. It is extremely hard to describe and pinpoint, so don't expect you to be able to assist that much, but it seems to perform its 'squeak' when I hit a bump in the road) so thinking suspension (yeah I know, I'm quite the mechanic).

It's not loud, but it is simply the most annoying ****ing thing in my life at the moment.

You're going to tell me to take it to a garage, arent you? :dry:

(been reading a few threads, I've missed this gaff ;) )

I know the 'squeak' you are referring to - it sounds like you have ruptured an EPS conduit on the port Nacell

...probably... :drunk: