Coupe or Roadster

Jackal

My personal opinion with the roadster (driven it two days from a friend, also have experience with driving the new Boxter):

-Exhaust noise might be nice, but there is a lot of wind noise as well.

-Top down in the summer: great doing small trips, with long trips it gets annoying like hell. Also if it's really hot and you're in traffic, better have the AC on full to be able to survive the heat a little bit.

-With the top down everyone can look into your car when driving by as the Z is pretty low, I felt way too 'naked' driving with the top down.

-You'll be driving at least 80% of the time with the top up, so your car looks like sh*t at least 80% of the time.....

-Boot is already small, why would you want it even smaller?

-If you want to go to the track, IMO you need the coupe.

-The resale value MIGHT be better, but you won't be able to sell it as fast as the coupe. A lot more people are looking for the coupe.

-You should always garage your roadster, unless you get a hardtop for the winter. Don't know if they exist for the Z.

-You won't really notice the difference that it's slower than the coupe in a straight line, but still is slower :)

That's just my opinion, everyone probably has different experiences.

Thanks guys - you're all very helpful :thumbs:

I don't think it took much to swing me towards the coupe.

Off subject - ideally, if I bought new, I'd like the Nizmo kit and 19" wheels but it's a huge price for these 2 options (approx £2.6 and £2k respecticely). Are these actually worth it?

Presumably cheaper to fit the kit at a later date - is this relatively a simple process?

jakal.

you did not say if you would be using your z as an every day driver or for weekends,i use mine as much as i can and have done nearly 10.000 miles this year 99% of the time with the roof down wind rain or shine mostly shine,as for feeling naked my last two cars a westfield and cobra were far lower and i still did not feel naked, personal choice.

max.

jakal.

you did not say if you would be using your z as an every day driver or for weekends,i use mine as much as i can and have done nearly 10.000 miles this year 99% of the time with the roof down wind rain or shine mostly shine,as for feeling naked my last two cars a westfield and cobra were far lower and i still did not feel naked, personal choice.

max.

The Z would be used as an every day car.

I do feel that if I were to get a roadster that the roof would be up more times than down :(

I'll have a look at one Friday but I'm not sure I like the style of it with the roof up.

Feeling exposed is one of the things you live with if you have a soft top - as long as you don't actually drive naked which could be a bit chilly :cold:

Thanks guys - you're all very helpful :thumbs:

I don't think it took much to swing me towards the coupe.

Off subject - ideally, if I bought new, I'd like the Nizmo kit and 19" wheels but it's a huge price for these 2 options (approx £2.6 and £2k respecticely). Are these actually worth it?

Presumably cheaper to fit the kit at a later date - is this relatively a simple process?

As for the Nismo wheels, for my personal opinion, there are a lot nicer 19" wheels out there for less money. I wouldn't go for them, but depends if you really like them or want the Nismo badge.

As for the roadster question, I'd have one as I love to drive with the top down. If you are one of these people that have a cab and keeps the roof up when the weather is anything less than 90 degrees and on a quiet road etc, then don't buy one.

Winds me up with roadster drivers (in all makes) that don't have the bloody roof down. When I had my S2, had it down everyday that it wasn't raining, or if you doing a long motorway journey etc....

But personal prefs, just take it for a decent run and see....... B)