350Z GT Roadster - Roof Problem

Lazarus

I bought this new vehicle in February. Now, the roof opening cycle gets about 14 seconds into the cycle, but the roof will not completely fold up, neither therefore will the metal back drop down.

Also very slight water ingress at front/top of drivers window.

Anyone had similar please ? What would the warranty position be. I bought it from Crystals in Boston.:wave:

MartinMac has been having some problems with his roof. Check out his thread about it.

Unfortunately its the time of year us roadster owners feel the weather. The other day my roof stoped just before fully dropping into its resting place and the cover not coming down. After I put it back up and then down again it went down fine. Just doesn't like the freezing weather unfortunately. Might need some grease on some of the moving parts to help it.

I tend to not notice the roof not working during the winter unless I washing the car and need to put it down to wash the back. Unless its a major issue it should work fine once the warmer weather arrives!

That's very interesting and helpful. It started when the wet weather kicked off, in fact the roof seems to have absorbed some of the rain, it feels damp inside the roof.

I presume it is covered by warranty - I have not misused the car, mileage now still only 3,947, in fact I am the only person to have been in it since I collected it, unless you count my briefcase. :lol:

Thinking back it was never reluctant to close in the summer.

Firstly check the joints are greased, from memory its the 5th and sixth joint that can be especially sticky.

Secondly, Autoglym do a very very good two pack roof treatment, I got mine from Tesco in a great value two for one deal.

Thirdly, dont take it to my local dealer :bangin:

If you have no luck then let me know. :thumbs:

Check on the fabric when trying to fold down there is a Velcro strip about 1/2 inch thick and runs across the roof inside near the window this sometimes catches on the hood and stops it folding all the way! You need to open and close about 5-6 times to get everything loosened up if you have not folded the roof down much in the past few weeks . Ask someone to watch it folding ad you press the button then you can work out where the issue lies most times, remember never fold the roof when fabric is wet always wait till it dries.

Hope this helps?