K-SPORT BRAKE PADS?

BLACK-HAWK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, i'm about to do a much needed brake upgrade on my my06 wrx, i'm going from the o.e. wrx 4pots/294mm discs with o.e. pads to a k-sport 356mm 2 peice disc and 8 pot calipers, my only concern follows a chat with a mate on this forum who said there have been some very bad reviews on the k-sport pads, dont want to spend a wad of cash and end up with no noticable improvement in the braking, so who on here has used the k-sport pad with the above rota/caliper combination and what are the issues? should i bin the k-sport pad first as last and use another pad, any recomendations? i've heard the pf01's are good but expensive, cheers Jarvis

Hi matey,

i have the full front and rear K-sport BBK courtesy of CS for over 9 months now and i am very happy. See thread: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=25910

No issues whatsoever and has been money well spent :thumbs: it has been on the Nurburgring x3 and there is no fade lap after lap after lap, no squeal, no drama fare enough i am run 356mm F=R with 8 vs 6 pot but i easily outbreaked porkers costing x4 my zed and even a few fezzas :scare:

The BBK is well contructed and fits with millimetric precision :) i will recommend it highly. the best commbination for racing as I have been reliably told by an aquaintance who has used them on their time attack car for over a year now is with the performance friction 01 pads which i intend to buy at some point soon to use on trackdays.

The sports pads which i have are mightly good and i just wonder what this kit can do with race compond pads or even the 10 pot 400mm kit with race pads if you have the dosh, balls or wheel clearance to go for this :scare:

Talk to CS as he has a trade account with K-sport and he will sort you out B) .

How do these compare to the brembo's?

R

Can't compare :p its like night and day :scare: it is surprisngly progressive and modulates weel like the brembo but as you put more pressure or stamp on the middle pedal it hits you like someone dropped and oversize anchor. and then you do this time and time again and it only gets better..no fade whatsoever. The brembo would have been so long by then that it would be like driving without brakes ;)

I've got these too front and rear, with K-sport pads. Had no problems, 1000% better than the standard brembo's.

1000% better?!?!?!?!?!

And your car has been round the track how many times? Or you started using it now show season is over?

Calm down, calm down! :wiggle: :wiggle:

I beleive Bennet's have had a damn good ragging so he is best placed to give an unbiased opinion :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...