P3 stuff finally arrived

srobrien

Finally managed to get all my bits and pieces together for my P3 on Tuesday, its only done 27k so im going a bit above and beyond what is recommended. At least this way i can start off with a clean slate from the previous owner so I know what needs done and when.

I bought:

Silkolene Pro 10-50W (Engine oil)

K&N Oil Filter

Silkolene Syn 5 (Diff oil)

Amsoil (Gearbox oil)

Motil 660 (Brake Fluid)

Denso Iriduim Spark Plugs

HEL Carbon Fibre Braided Lines

Japspeed Magnetic Sump Plug

DSCF0223.jpg

Time to give the zed a well deserved xmas present.

R

Silkolene Pro 10-50W (Engine oil) - Opie Oil

K&N Oil Filter - Ebay

Silkolene Syn 5 (Diff oil) - Opie Oil

Amsoil (Gearbox oil) - Opie Oil

Motil 660 (Brake Fluid) - Opie Oil

Denso Iriduim Spark Plugs - Opie Oil

HEL Carbon Fibre Braided Lines - CS

Japspeed Magnetic Sump Plug - Japspeed

I recon it was a bit over £300 for that lot, factoring in the price of the HEL lines. Its pays to buy bits seperatly, some places would charge around £460 for that!!!!! :scare::scare::scare::scare:

Would definatly recommened Opie Oils, top service :thumbs:

R

The problem is I've got an import with no service history so no idea what done and when. The spark plugs could have been chamged 6,000 miles ago or not at all.

Why is a magnetic sump thingy needed? Surely there is one already there?

No, its simply a replacement for the drain plug in the bottom of the oil sump, it has a magnetic tip which catches any metal filings or debris floating around, it protects the engine internals and gives a good indication of any engine damage when changing the oil. Its not required but i prefer to be safe.

R

all thats missing is a cuddly toy :lol::thumbs:

:lol:

I've recently seen a product called FilterMag (clicky) being used quite a lot by the 370z boys in the States. Does a similar thing to a magnetic sump plug, but a lot stronger and covers a bigger area. My guess is it does a hell of a lot of a better job than the sump plug as it covers a larger surface area and is exposed to more oil flow. Someone give it a try and see if it works ;):teeth: (http://www.filtermag.co.uk/ seem to sell them, but I cant vouch for them as a retailler)

all thats missing is a cuddly toy :lol::thumbs:

:lol:

I've recently seen a product called FilterMag (clicky) being used quite a lot by the 370z boys in the States. Does a similar thing to a magnetic sump plug, but a lot stronger and covers a bigger area. My guess is it does a hell of a lot of a better job than the sump plug as it covers a larger surface area and is exposed to more oil flow. Someone give it a try and see if it works ;):teeth: (http://www.filtermag.co.uk/ seem to sell them, but I cant vouch for them as a retailler)

Yeah the guy at the garage offered to order one for £30 but I had already bought the plug by then. May get one next service.

R