cde-w203ri.jpg

I know I need this ICT 29-645 non-BOSE loom

29-645.jpg

and this ICT 29-001 Alpine head-unit lead

29-001.jpg

Do I need this as well:

50-256.jpg

ICT 50-256 Pre 06 Double Din

If the answer's yes, I take it that I cut out the middle bar?

Car is '03 JDM with non-BOSE stereo

Thanks. The unit I've got on my 350 seems to be different from others I've seen. It has a facia which seems identical to the one above but without the centre bar. I'll try and get the spec of the Alpine to see if it fits within that facia.

Duh!! :headhurt:

I know that silly boys but is it a wire that plugs in the front panel (untidy - me no like) or is it a wire that connects to an AUX input at the rear so can be hidden with the ipod living in the centre console, nice n' neat how I like it.

Just done a quick check for you and yes the connection is on the back and it also comes with the leads :thumbs: Here's a snippet from the spec sheet;- Connection for iPod

•Connection Type: Full Speed™ Connection

•Connection: Full Speed™ Cable (KCE-433iV) Included

•Source Type: Dedicated iPod® Source

•Compatibility for iPod®: iPod® 5th generation, iPod® nano 1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation, iPod® classic, iPod® touch 1st/2nd generation

•Works with iPhone

•M.I.X. (Shuffle) Capability: Song, Albums, All

•Music Control: Song Up / Down / Repeat

•Available Selections: Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, Audiobook

•Percentage Search: Percentage Search

•Information Display: Artist, Song, Album

•Easy Navigating: Quick Search

Thanks Sunset.

Literally just pressed the buy button through Sextons - £188.99. Got all the bits and will have it fitted next week along with Honda stubby, P2 service and sound sound-proofing 'cos just bought a K1 exhaust!!!!! :scare:

Dan at Dage Motor Services in sunny Weston. He charged me £21.26 to put my K1 on and has done stuff for free before for me and Mel with her MX-5. I was in there yesterday and he spent 20 minutes fiddling with the K1 'cos it wasn't level. No charge.

I'm sure you'd get on like a house on fire!

Alpine unit looks great - i am looking to do exactly the same thing - hate the fact i have to use a cassette tape and big ugly wire out of front to get my ipod connected. Would the same plan of attack work on a '07 zed with a bose unit? if u got a moment could u post a photo of the finished article please!?

cheers

ian

There you go. Sorry about out of focus edges but just realised I've shot it at 2.8 aperture and I am so hungover that I can't go outside again. Lovely unit but now (of course) it's telling me to buy new speakers because the originals are sh**e!

_DSC2370.JPG

Forgot to say. It is supplied with ipod wire which comes out in centre cubby!! All tucked away with no USB stick or wires. :yahoo:

We decided not to use the double din facia as I want to make a security cover and need a little gap around the edge for fitting. Will post another photie when I've made it.

Not sure if it's "right" or not but yes, it is about 5mm in at the centre top. Fitter said the double-DIN facia I bought from Sextons didn't fit. I'm ok with it but if someone has fitted this unit and has made it completely flush all round, I'd like to know how.