HELP! Scuffed it!

mugwump

@rseburgers

I have scuffed the front spoiler on a high kerb in a car park. :angry: No-ones fault but my own, just have to learn to drive I guess! :blush:

Any advice out there on how best to cover it up / restore it until work out what to do?

Its more than a surface scratch it is right down to the plastic.

As I see it options are;

1. buy a replacement OEM bumper

2. Think about a replacement body kit bumper, any suggestions?

3. get a pro in to sort it like chipsaway, anyone got experience of their service on plastic body colour bumpers?

god I am annoyed with myself.......

For a proffessional job get a pro to do it. But that would cost a bit, not really worth it IMO for a scuff. Better to do it yourself if the damage is not in too much of a visible place such as yours.

1)Sand/Smooth exact area

2)Fill using filler & smooth

3)Then primer/paint & laquer.

It will look almost perfect unless you look really close up. Obviuosly as it is low down out of sight it wont be in anyones line of vision, no one will know but you. Iv done a similar jod last month on my BMW Alpina fibre glass front spoiler which got a chunk taken out of it by debris on the motorway. You cant tell the difference.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Dont suppose you have a front on photo of the lip spoiler so I can see what it looks like and if its likely to cover the damage? Or a link to a site that has them?

Might be a very quick (and stylish) fix I am confident I can complete myself.

Im off to google it now anyway, but thanks again. :thumbs:

Good point, thanks for the reminder.

Given it a clean now and it does not look as bad as it did. (The emotive side of me still thinks the whole corner of the car might as well be missing! :angry: )

Will call chipsaway anyway I think as they give a no obligation free quote and I'll get an expert opinion on it.....

Nice.

Do you have any other hobbies or is it just car polishing? :p

Does look good though.

I have found it on google too, just need to find a UK supplier (unless you know one?)

Thanks for all your help.

Try Middlehurst Nissan St.helens - 01744 26681 ;)