Clicking axle update

H5

Right, got my stereo back (it is actually a NEW one! :yahoo: ) and all good there.

As for the noise at the rear, they have already carried out the work and done everything Nissan have said and provided. They now think there's something else that needs doing and are waiting for Nissan GB to tell them what to do (expected time, 1 week). He hinted that there may be another bulletin on it's way......

So, I wait and see what they come back with and how long it's off the road.

BTW, no X-Trail or Almera, just a delightful Micra again :yuck:

H5 has the click gone then mate???

Not yet, although the last few journeys it's only happened a couple of times. Sometimes it's quite consistent at low speeds (under 40mph) but still there.

Essentially I'm waiting for Nissan GB to get back to the dealer. The guy I spoke to said he was waiting to see if they were issuing another bulletin, since everything they'd expect to be there and to have been done has been.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, but still love the car! :yahoo:

drove to and from Kev's yesterday, upset an M3 owner who couldn't shake me off (and he was trying, VERY hard) and generally enjoyed the car LOTS!

These niggles are a pita but are all fixable (and under warranty too) so it's all good :)

You coming to the Mascrat tomorrow? you could have a listen to see if it's the same issue, you got it sorted haven't you?

I know, but still love the car! :yahoo:

drove to and from Kev's yesterday, upset an M3 owner who couldn't shake me off (and he was trying, VERY hard) and generally enjoyed the car LOTS!

These niggles are a pita but are all fixable (and under warranty too) so it's all good :)

You coming to the Mascrat tomorrow? you could have a listen to see if it's the same issue, you got it sorted haven't you?

Working mate :thumbdown:

OK, so the new found technical wizardry that will be trialled on my car to fix the clicking rear axle is........

This is great, had to wait 10 days for them to work this out........

Take the drive shafts out, turn them through 180 degrees and put some more grease in. You don't know how relieved I am that they've finally worked it out. Best bit is they can book me in really quickly, by the end of the month I'm told. :angry:

This car is awesome and I love it to pieces, but I hate being in the hands of those that don't give the impression of caring. Will update you on the click when I know.....!

Guest prescience

Take the drive shafts out, turn them through 180 degrees and put some more grease in. You don't know how relieved I am that they've finally worked it out. Best bit is they can book me in really quickly, by the end of the month I'm told. :angry:

Mate, I hope this works out

Hence the very thick layer of sarcasm on the post!

They're starting to nark me to be honest. The warranty runs until next Feb, and to be honest since it's been diagnosed now if it's not fixed by then they can replace the whole of the running gear as far as I'm concerned.

I love the car too much for it to spoil the whole experience, but it's an inconvenience.

Extended warranty here I come!!

Guest prescience

I corrected my last reply because my memory was incorrect, the 180 fix is a genuine one - what I was thinking of was a simple re-torquing of the bolts. Sorry about that, this is a bona fide solution

I corrected my last reply because my memory was incorrect, the 180 fix is a genuine one - what I was thinking of was a simple re-torquing of the bolts. Sorry about that, this is a bona fide solution

I'm happy for them to to try whatever they need to, just gob smacked it took them 10 days to come up with that!! And then that it takes so long to book in to fix.

Just have to polish it again...!! :D

Do the first checks of bits in the boot rattling around.

If it's the axle then it is a warranty job and dealers should be aware. Where will you take it?

As for the consequences, I'm not sure. Since a noise comes from friction of some sort, I'd expect it causes premature wearing of some part(s).

Surprised I haven't spotted yours yet!!

Its definatley coming from outside. Especially when I accelerate 1st to second, is a a big issue or just an annoying noise?

Probably try Nissan in Reading, no experience of them yet, have you?

I can be heard North of the River, but being spotted, hmmm abit of a sasquatch :teeth::evil:

Dealerships with not much experience of the clicking axle will probably go for the greasing the parts method first :thumbdown:

Creating twice a much work, as 9/10 the problem comes back!!!

Put them in touch with Middlehurst St.helens and hopefully they will recommend changing the parts from word go ;)

Guest prescience

The only experience I have of Reading is there complete inability to provide me with WV2 Gunmetal touch-up paint (after 2 visits - Blade is nice but not quite the ticket ;) ). I go to Fish Bros, Swindon and they have had no issues with my modified car and its a nice drive :)

Had a call from the Service Manager. They can't hear the click now but want the Director to take the car home tonight to see if he hears it then. Thoughts and reactions ladies and gentlemen....??