AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Zed no start!!!

Gilly199

Went out to my car tonight looking forward to a small but still fun drive to training. Jumped in, "started" but in a rush i put my lights on before the car settled and in stalled.

Ok i thought, its just the cold, sitting a few days and the sudden power surge from the lights being turned on.

Soooo . . . i just tried again and it just turned over and over and over and over.

Just to make matters worse. . . the battery then gave up :scare::scare::scare:

came back from traning and theb battery got a little but of charge. again more turning over but LIFE at last :yahoo: and a big cloud of smoke. :yuck:

so whats the thoughts, overfueling??? cold weather??? or sitting for only 4 days???

hmm not sure on the general issue but its not good practice to turn your lights on stright away, but you sound like you knew that ;)

No i really didn't know this. Only mentioned it because thats what happened. Really thought once it starts it would be fine.

hmm not sure on the general issue but its not good practice to turn your lights on stright away, but you sound like you knew that ;)

No i really didn't know this. Only mentioned it because thats what happened. Really thought once it starts it would be fine.

well yeah it should be but dumping a big load on the alternator asking more from the engine before its sorted itself out might cause a hiccup. but could be new battery time as suggested yeah.

Well i used to turn my lights on first before starting the engine with no problems whatsoever.

Your battery does sound like its on its last legs, so would be wise to get a replacement, or at least start the car up once a day until you get it sorted. It be wise to get the alternator checked out as well, just in case.

Yup battery is probably on its way out - as I mentioned in a previous post any weakness with the electrics, will be amplified during winter.

Please dont put anything electrical on until you have started the engine.

As mentioned - getthe alternator checked out also.

Can you remember the voltage reading as you were turning over on the dash?

Yup battery is probably on its way out - as I mentioned in a previous post any weakness with the electrics, will be amplified during winter.

Please dont put anything electrical on until you have started the engine.

As mentioned - getthe alternator checked out also.

Can you remember the voltage reading as you were turning over on the dash?

Yea well its due a service, just the 45 thou mini one but im still trying to bargain with the service department at work for a better price lol. Il get the guys to have a look at it then.

Funny enough, after the the battery started playing up my mind went blank and all i could think of was getting it started thus i never looked at the voltage. Silly i know but likei said the blinkers were up lol