Nissan West Way 6 anti-corrosion warranty query

matth76

Hi

I bought my 2005 350z from West Way in Manchester (Nissan main dealer) back in Feb this year. Their website (under section "Purchasing your car" near the bottom) http://www.westwaynissan.co.uk/ says each car you buy from them has a 6 year anti-corrosion warranty. Because my car is second hand does this still apply, as long as my car is less than 6yrs old?

Second question is if yes to the above, does paint peeling constitute a claim under this protection? My front bumper is very clearly pealing near the wheel arch. Despite them saying (not in writing, just verbally) that the car had not been in any accidents, it has clearly had a respray at the front, probably due to stone chips, but it was done badly and as a result is peeling badly. Before I shell out lots of £££ myself to get this fixed do I have any rights under this "6 anti-corrosion warranty"?

Thanks for any help and info on this. Anyone else gone through this issue after buying a second hand car which is supposedly covered under an anti-corrosion protection - does it cover paint peeling?

Matt

Matt Nissan UK warranty cover the car bodywork for 12 years not 6.

Peeling paint finish - its probably been resprayed at some point most front bumpers are as they stone chip easily?

Take it back and see wht you can do otherwise I think its £200-300

Definately pressure the dealer - I seem to remember from a few years ago (non zed) being told that the dealer would only honour corrosion warantee if at every service the dealer had put an inspection stamp in the paint and bodywork section of the service book. Regularly overlooked at service time, so was their get out clause...damn stealers!

Been told the anti-corrosion warranty only covers rust from the inside (meaning not from stone chips) but definitely not paint peeling. However I am hassling the dealer because it is less than 12 month's since I bought the car and it certainly should not have the paint peeling (whether it's had a respray on the front bumper or not) - its within the first 12 months. I suspect it was resprayed because of stone chips and done poorly. I have emailed them photos however I don't expect any luck in this issue.

Thanks for the replies.

Been told the anti-corrosion warranty only covers rust from the inside (meaning not from stone chips) but definitely not paint peeling. However I am hassling the dealer because it is less than 12 month's since I bought the car and it certainly should not have the paint peeling (whether it's had a respray on the front bumper or not) - its within the first 12 months. I suspect it was resprayed because of stone chips and done poorly. I have emailed them photos however I don't expect any luck in this issue.

Thanks for the replies.

Maybe get Nissan UK involved - I know your p***g into the wind but stranger things have happened ;)