My new Recaro's

TT2Z

Some may remember that I was having problems with my drivers seat.

After many visits to the dealers, and hours on the phone to Customer services

( I'm sure they could be done under trading standards for using that name ).

I finaly gave up, and fitted some after-market Recaro's

To say I'm pleased with the end result would be an understatement. :teeth:

I've uploaded a few pics into my gallery for anyone who's interested.

Ian.

normal_SEATS_%2810%29_%28Small%29.JPG

normal_SEATS_%283%29_%28Small%29.JPG

They look great!

Was thinking about something similar myself - I've got an 8 inch scuff on the passenger seat thanks' to the girlfriend, am looking into getting the bolster recovered but its going to cost a relative fortune.

Am not overly happy with the side supports of the seats anyway so thought about getting extra bolster added and its all adding up £££â€“ therefore thought about fitting a nice set of Recaros.

Sat in a Clio Trophy the other day – the Recaro’s were wicked, had them in my old Golf – very supportive.

So how much were the seats & runners etc?

To be honest, if i didn't have a GT or if I ever get another, then I'd do this..... so much better and they look lovely! :thumbs:

Would be interested to know how much and if they were easy to fit etc? I'm assuming you just unclipped all the electrical adjustment and heating bits from your originals and just left under the seat etc?

The seats are a limited edition version of the Trendline seat labeled as "TOMCAT"

only 75 pairs ever made and most are in the USA.

The material looks like carbon weave, and I'm sooooo glad to be rid of the leather. And no more pain in the ar$e.

I bought the runners direct from Recaro,

I have a very helpful contact if anyone wants to get a set........ the price £ 350 for the pair. :scare:

I could have gone down the Universal base route, but I don't have the time / knowhow / ability to modify them to fit.

And I thought, this will be the only thing holding me in the car, so not a huge price to pay for safety.

They did come with the "bridge" to fool the airbag system, so no warning light on the dash and the rest of the airbag system will be fine.

I used the original seat belt buckles so the seat belt warning light still works.

I've seen the seats on US sites for $ 1700 each.

( I didn't pay quite that much :teeth: )

Only took a couple of hours to swap them over, and now I know what to do

( I took the drivers side out twice as I "found" something I'd left off )

I recon its a 20 minute job per seat MAX.

BTW they will be in the for sale section in MAY / JUNE 08.

Ian.

The wonderful world of EBAY.........

I've been on the look-out for a while, for Recaro's in general.

Either Trendline - basic model, Sportline - height adjust and lumber support, or Topline, fully electric inc heating and cooling.....

But, when I saw the colour on these with a buy it now price, I just grabbed them.

Yes £ 350 is just for the runners, they came in a dissapointingly small box for £ 350.

Recaro told me that although the seats (trendline etc) all look the same, they claim the base of the seats for OEM cars ( EVO's Astra Audi's etc ) will not fit aftermarket cars, as they will only fit a specific subframe.

You have to buy aftermarket seats as these have a set bolt pattern and then the subframes for your actual car is an easy fit.

Might be talking rubbish, but I was going aftermarket route anyway.

Thanks for all the comments, more pics (inc close up of the material) are in my gallery.

Ian.