Sat Nav and speed cameras!

sajohnstone

Hi All,

I've just sold my girly TT to buy a 350z. Its needs to be an Automatic so an import is the only option.

One I'm seriously thinking about buying is great its got TV, SAT Nav, Reverseing camera's even a camera for pulling out of junctions!

Is there any way of getting this lot to work with out learning Japaneese?

The guy selling it said I could buy something for £600 but this is just a reto fitted system so the camera's an the TV would no longer work and it would have to be operated via remote control.

Can you buy a proper UK nissan replacement? Would the TV, Camera's, Sat Nav then work?

Has anyone else seen a 350z with cameras?

It Looks like its a factory fitted kit.

If theres no way of getting it all to work I might start looking for an import with out sat nav!

Has anyone tried buying an fitting a UK Nissan sat nav system? At least then it work look like its part of the car.. Would the camera's and TV system work then? Where could I get one? How much?

There was a company on ebay who were conerting the Jap sat NAv. They ripped most of the internals out but kept the screen. It could end up being quite expensive though (£850). Don't know of anyone who had it done either.

Sorry..

So what have other people done in this situation (JDM Car with Sat Nav that doesn't work becasue their not in Japan)?

Don't worry mate, just getting the duster out and cleaning up...... no probs. :thumbs:

Once I have hooked up the reverse camera to the JDM screen this week I am hoping to connect a small DVD player to it. I have ordered a compact NTSC/PAL dvd player (plays all regions dvds) at a total cost of £25 which should be a quick job apart from powering it. I'l post pics once I get my lazy arse round to doing it!!:blush:

ps its a waste of time mucking about with the Jap Sat Nav & with a tv module I'm not sure if it would work due to 50hz / 60hz problem with UK & japan.

Once I have hooked up the reverse camera to the JDM screen this week I am hoping to connect a small DVD player to it. I have ordered a compact NTSC/PAL dvd player (plays all regions dvds) at a total cost of £25 which should be a quick job apart from powering it. I'l post pics once I get my lazy arse round to doing it!!:blush:

More importantly whats the crack with the wheels?