Sparshatts Botley - Good Dealer :)

Rob_Quads

Just had my 27,000 mile service at botley and have to day it all went as well as could be. Dropped the car off and waited for it to be done.

Price was the best I could find for the area - £155 inc oil but I supplied my own and the bill came to £122 which was nice.

Only slightly anooying part was the service was done within 45 minutes and they had me wait for the allocated 1h30m before giving my keys back. Did not really bother me as I was working away on the laptop and I understand why they do it.

Saw a number of people come in for various jobs and everyone was spoken to well and they did thier best to help the two that came in on tow lol

"Only slightly anooying part was the service was done within 45 minutes and they had me wait for the allocated 1h30m before giving my keys back. Did not really bother me as I was working away on the laptop and I understand why they do it."

errr I don't!!! Assume it was to rip someone off down the chain? If my car is ready I want to drive it away there and then!

Agree with you that they are good though - did my first service and sorted various niggles out last September very well - drove all the way from Portsmouth over there as the reputation was good ( and Hilsea Nissan had repeatedly screwed up ).

Got to book mine in to get clicky rear axle and 2nd year service soon so will hopefully get another good experience....

• 1 month later...

Well thought I would post on my experience with Sparshatts today....

Car was booked in for 2 year service and clicking rear axle to be fixed under warranty.

Was supposed to be given a lift there and back but they were short of drivers so they gave me a couresy car for the day for free instead... a light blue Micra S.... haven't laughed so much for ages... what a hoot to drive :lol: At least I was mobile for the day which was a bonus.

Service cost £215... ouch.

Checked car on arrival and yes, you guessed it they have scratched the alloy wheel when taking it on and off.... what F'in muppets!! Guess that's what happens when you get people used to dealing with Granny's steel micra wheels touching an expensive alloy.. :angry::angry:

So now they have to arrange for the wheel to be repaired - which means another 40 mile round trip and another day without the Zed.... going to wait until after my new tyres are fitted ( hopefully back end of next week ) before letting them fix the scratches... just in case.... ;)

Think I will be asking for a nice loan car that day for free !

My Zed has stopped sounding like a cricket at least... :)

Agree with you that they are good though - did my first service and sorted various niggles out last September very well - drove all the way from Portsmouth over there as the reputation was good ( and Hilsea Nissan had repeatedly screwed up ).

Completely agree about Hilsea Nissan, I have had a nightmare with them, I recommend everyone to stay away from this Dealership. See my post 'Nissan, is it worth all the hassle' for starters!!

Might give this Sparshatts a go though??!!

Hi Liam,

don't know about the repair yet as waiting till after new tyres fitted before arranging it... expect it will just be a touch up - the scratches are relatively small and in a confined area ( the bolt holes ). A couple are perhaps a millimeter deep and a centimeter long though so noticable.

I'll be sure to find out before I leave the car with them though... thanks