Flickering LEDs

Fien

I've fitted white leds in for my boot and rear number plate lights and i've now started to notice that they are flickering whilst i have my lights on. the boot looks like a disco and the number plate is just going to atract the attention of the police!

i've also replaced the interior festoon bulbs and whilst i have the lights on the emit a dull light.

does anyone know why this is and any way of fixing it? i think it's quite a common probelm and was wondering if its just dodgy bulbs or a different issue!

Cheers

they seem to be. although taking them out and putting them back in sometimes helps but after a week or so they just go again.

my mate had the leds fitted in his megane r26 which needed 6 for the interior lights and he was always having problems with them. some would work fine but others just started flickering. he's been replacing them when they start to go which seems to work but i dont want to keep buying them if they're just gonna carry on going after a while. although i do think they look miles better than the standard lights.

they seem to be. although taking them out and putting them back in sometimes helps but after a week or so they just go again.

my mate had the leds fitted in his megane r26 which needed 6 for the interior lights and he was always having problems with them. some would work fine but others just started flickering. he's been replacing them when they start to go which seems to work but i dont want to keep buying them if they're just gonna carry on going after a while. although i do think they look miles better than the standard lights.

hmm very odd. LED's just go out when they are at the end of thier life.

could it be a component fault with the specific LED batch?

yeah might be that. thought i'd best check before buying any more. cheers

i just had a prod about google and it seems there are some reports of this happening with cheap ebay LED bulb replacements. if you do buy more, buy different ones from a known good source, if it solves the problem you know what the problem was.

i just had a prod about google and it seems there are some reports of this happening with cheap ebay LED bulb replacements. if you do buy more, buy different ones from a known good source, if it solves the problem you know what the problem was.

Yup I had that too. I dont know why they do it but cheapo ebay ones do that after a while. Although they are about 10x cheaper than better ones, so it would take you a few replacements to make up the price difference.

Yup I had that too. I dont know why they do it but cheapo ebay ones do that after a while. Although they are about 10x cheaper than better ones, so it would take you a few replacements to make up the price difference.

there was one suggesting it was due to them being designed to 12V rather than the alternator running voltage of 14.5V. thats just a stupid mistake :thumbdown: