Please help having a few problems with my Z

Rossz1

Hi guys i have only had my 04 plate z for a couple of months and a couple of weeks ago the Steering went really heavy when manouvering.

and tonight i overtook a TT and the engine light came on but the esp and traction control light has come on. i tried pulling over and restarting the engine but they have stayed on. The engine also seemed to take ages to start had to keep cranking.

Any help would be really appreciated.

i am in huddersfield at the moment and i dont really no of any good garages.

Cheers Ross

So is your steering still heavy and do you still have the engine, traction and esp lights on?

Is it a UK car or a JDM import ?

If your lights are still on you could try an ECU reset and if they come on again then you should pull the fault codes to see what the issues are.

Alex.

hi alex yeah my steering is still really heavy and all the lights are still on.

do i search for the ecu reset on this forum?

I was thinking maybe its something to do with the spark plugs with regards to it not starting up quickly

oh and its a UK car

Cheers Ross

hi alex yeah my steering is still really heavy and all the lights are still on.

do i search for the ecu reset on this forum?

I was thinking maybe its something to do with the spark plugs with regards to it not starting up quickly

oh and its a UK car

Cheers Ross

Okay lets deal with the steering first.

Check tyre condition and pressures, PAS fluid level and PAS belt tension. :thumbs:

Rossz1 it sounds like the it could be a sensor related issue.

I had similar problems with it not starting occasionally and also had the ESP light and Skid Warning light on ...

Have a look at the following thread, it might be useful .... My problem turned out to be the Crank Position Sensor, but there are a few different sensors which could be causing your issue.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27455

Hope that helps mate :thumbs:

Narcotix thanks for that that thread was really useful it sounds the same as what is happening.

I am going to head down to a garage tomorrow and see if he will read my car.

How much did your sensor cost you??

i got it read a couple of weeks ago about the steering but the engine light wasnt on. he didnt tell me the code he just said it is something to do with a speed sensor but he didnt no how to fx it( i need a good garage in huddersfield)

Thanks for the help much appreciated

Ross

No probs mate ...

It did sound similar to the problems we were experiencing ....

The sensor cost £68 from Nissan and cured the problem for me .... I think your issue sounds a bit more like the problems Shire was having with his Zed ... from what I remember he needed two sensors replacing ... they come as a pair from Nissan and cost around £130 ...

You can actually read the code yourself if you follow the engine reset procedure:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=89

When you get to step 4 of the guide above, you can read the code from the blinking CEL light ... just count the short blinks ... that's how I did it ...

Good luck with it :thumbs:

I personally use The Digimoto software but there are some cheaper options available on eBay that do the same job without needing a laptop ...

Something like this should do the job:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U380-OBD-2-II-EOB ... 3ef0d29d25

It's probably best to ask if it will definitely work with the zed first ... just to cover your own back :thumbs:

Rossz1 it sounds like the it could be a sensor related issue.

I had similar problems with it not starting occasionally and also had the ESP light and Skid Warning light on ...

Have a look at the following thread, it might be useful .... My problem turned out to be the Crank Position Sensor, but there are a few different sensors which could be causing your issue.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27455

Hope that helps mate :thumbs:

I had a similar problem and it was the crankshaft position sensor that was loose. Check the details here - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=19425

Hope that may be of some help

Cheers for that. does seem like my problem. i get that loss of power it makes my stomach go funny. Im going into a garage monday morning to get the diagnostics but will inform him of the harness issue seeing if this will solve it.

Really do appreciate all this help as i am a newbie.

So cheers guys.

Ross