Pad guide springs.

nrenz123

Just did a full disk and pad change on the car, came to do the front right at the very end and after removing the wheel i noticed something wrong. There was no pad guide spring fitted ?!.

Do Nissan keep these in stock as obviously i need one ASAP? secondly will it be safe to drive without it fitted untill the morning when i can go get a new one.

Nath.

Just did a full disk and pad change on the car, came to do the front right at the very end and after removing the wheel i noticed something wrong. There was no pad guide spring fitted ?!.

Do Nissan keep these in stock as obviously i need one ASAP? secondly will it be safe to drive without it fitted untill the morning when i can go get a new one.

Nath.

This can not fall out so you have been driving with it missing for a period of time.

Nissan will not have in stock but should get it the next day for you.

Drive carefully until a new spring plate is fitted.

If you find that Nissan can not supply then give me a shout back as I have them.

Alex.

Nath.

This can not fall out so you have been driving with it missing for a period of time.

Nissan will not have in stock but should get it the next day for you.

Drive carefully until a new spring plate is fitted.

If you find that Nissan can not supply then give me a shout back as I have them.

Alex.

Too quick for me :bunny:

Just had a look at the Nissan parts list and it appears that they do not supply this part on its own as it comes with the brake pad kit.

So there is chance that your local Nissan dealer may have a pad kit on the shelf.

I am assuming that you are running Brembo callipers.

Nath you can have one off mine for now until the one from Alex turns up. This postage strike is a pain.

That would have been superb mate, but im back in oxfordshire now :( the mrs is coming up on saturaday from back home but she does drive to come pick one up off you :S

I might have a word with the old man to see if he could meet you if thats ok?

Nath