works bell column paddle shifter

dazzerbone

hey guys,

any of u jdm autobox owners installed one of these.

http://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/products/ ... hifter.htm

i may look at getting one as i did the nissan race day in the 370z and they had the paddle shifters and they were awesome. the kit i have seen has the paddles sitting at the bottom half of the steering wheel and the 370z had them at the top half and that felt spot on.

if anybody has this kit fitted can you please pass on your opinions on it as it costs about £400 and dont wanna waste that money if they are pants.

cheers

Hi Mate,

I take it you've seen my other posts on this this week then?

Try PMing glastoveteran as he was selling one about a year ago... and i think i was the only person interested in it, but he wasnt moving on price so i made my own. Therefore im assuming he still has his available...?

Personally, i think having paddle shifts has really improved the driving experience... it just feels a lot more natural changing gear with your hands on the wheel.

Sometimes though when people hear about the kit, they assume it will speed up the gear changes etc... it wont do this - it is simply a different location for the microswitches that are activated when changing gear with the stick.

I've just looked at the one on ebay and its probably his! What a coincidence! He was based in Bristol and so is this auction.

I think he was asking for £280(?) last year, but at the time thats what they were worth... its the way that the pound has fallen that has pushed them up to £400.

As you point out though, the paddles do look a little low there... i've got mine at 10 and 2 rather than 4 and 8 if you know what i mean?

If you've got he cash go for it... If you decide you dont like it you can always take it off and sell it again, so you wont lose much.