DETAILING?

witstu

Depends what you do with the car I guess. Go out on a few track days in rain, etc will be less than normal driving about.

It lasts a fair few weeks, although I tend to clean it every fortnight (bearing in mind I only drive it at weekends and has to be good weather).

Pro jobs should last you longer since more layers of wax etc have been set into the paint - plus they know exactly what they're doing.

This professional polishing/finishing of paintwork?

Ok so you mean a proper machine polish.

I do this basically once a year, maybe twice if it needs it. I do it myself though. I do regularly apply glaze, sealant and wax though to keep the finish topped up.

The most damage (swirls and RDS) will be inflicted when you wash the car without using a good technique. If you have the car detailed properly then a good wash technique will cut down on how often it needs done.

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean a full polish and wax, it depends on the durability of your wax. Some waxes last a long time, some may only last a week.

Like stew said, if you mean in terms of swirl marks etc, if you have a good washing technique e.g two buckets etc. You should be fine for up to a year.