Friday convoy to JAE.....

Jacko

Guys,

I know this has been mentioned on different threads (that some ended up hijacked) therefore, can we please recap?

Who's up for a cruise down to JAE on Friday afternoon??

I will be, but dependent on route, may meet you nearer there. Doesn't make much sense to me to go on the hell that will be the M6 southbound on a Friday night! May go over the tops and meet Chris etc....

But we need list, route and times to meet etc? I'm posting this early to get it sorted. (I've got day off now so no probs with times for me! :D

But anyway, please confirm in your posts..... and anyone else who is up for it?

JACKO

VAL?

LIAM?

MIKE?

just got the day off too!

but will have to wait for debbie to get out of an H&S course, but by then we'll all be ready to leave! Should be ok to leave at 4.30pm.

I'm also concerned about the M6 south although as I sd before I've done it basically every friday on the other direction (the real nightmare) and have always thought that the southbound carriageways are always ok!

so I think for us it'll be: M6 south off at J15, then A50 across, met at Donny services then onto peterborough

I'm gonna travel down earlier. So will see you there. The misses wants to do something other than sitting in a car. So looks like some retail therapy is on the cards.

Does anyone wants to meet up for a meal in Peterborough on Friday Night. Proper meal not barbecue.

I'm gonna travel down earlier. So will see you there. The misses wants to do something other than sitting in a car. So looks like some retail therapy is on the cards.

Does anyone wants to meet up for a meal in Peterborough on Friday Night. Proper meal not barbecue.

Yeah that would be cool if everyone's up for it? We could pitch tents etc, get things sorted in Zed Campville then meet up?

Anyone else fancy it? There's quite a few in town etc...... would keep the women happy as well! B)

Yes count us in for the meal (myself and Tracy).

What time can we make the meeting at Donny?

Chris, I've just taken a look at the map. I'll be taking the scenic route over the tops and joining the M1 at J35a.

So if you want, can meet you higher up the M1 and we can travel down together to the meeting point at Donington?

Is 6.30pm - 7pm a decent time to aim for at Donington chaps??

from experience, 7pm will be a more realistic time.... all will depend on how busy it's gonna be down the M6 though.

would be nice for the meal.... anyone knows some place? don't forget it's friday night and there'll be 6000 cars at JAE, how many other people are gonna have the same idea? would be best to find a place and book really...

from experience, 7pm will be a more realistic time.... all will depend on how busy it's gonna be down the M6 though.

would be nice for the meal.... anyone knows some place? don't forget it's friday night and there'll be 6000 cars at JAE, how many other people are gonna have the same idea? would be best to find a place and book really...

Ok well if we aimed to meet at 7pm, then we gotta get to the site and put up tents at least etc. Then we could shoot off to meet up with the "girlie" town posse and go for a meal? We'd have to book for about 9pm or something then wouldn't we?

But picking a place might be interesting unless anyone has any insider info?

have got no ideas

Liam, seeing as you are staying at a nice hotel, why don't you ring in advance and ask the reception/conceirge for a recommendation for somewhere relevatively casual etc...... ? :D

Jacko - its just over an hour to Donnigton from where I will be joining (Junction 29). Probably best to leave 1hr 30, from Jct 29 to get to donnington.

Do you reckon we could meet at the tibshelf services (just 1 or 2 miles south of 29)at say 5:30 then?

have got no ideas

Liam, seeing as you are staying at a nice hotel, why don't you ring in advance and ask the reception/conceirge for a recommendation for somewhere relevatively casual etc...... ? :D

I'll ring up tomorrow Mark ;)

Any preferences on type of cuisine? What sort of numbers will be attending??? Must be at least 5 couples!!!!

Max are you interested mate???

Add name to list if not already attached,,, apologies if I don't know your Doris's name :blush:

Liam & Amy

Mark & Doris

Val & Debbie

Chris & Tracy

Max & Karen???

So that mean you not sorting somewhere?

You forgot Mike and his missus..... (was it Katherine or something? I'm crap with names)....

And it's Kate mate for my other half. I binned Doris a while back . ;)

ok guys, seen as noone is going down the M6 on friday (Mike is leaving eariler) no point in tempting fate from my part either, joining Jacko across the pennines, Liam you coming with us?

ok Val, you coming over with me, or you making your own way across the tops and meeting up with me and Chris at Tibshelf?

Not a probs if you want to take the scenic route with me, just need to meet up prob near J19 of M62 (Heywood/Middleton)..

Liam, same for you if you want, we'll be coming off at the Milnrow junction then going over the tops etc...... (i know you will know where I mean)....

Just let me know chaps. Was planning to leave here about 3:30pm to meet Chris at 5:30pm...... (should be enough time not to have to rush!)

Just let me know :thumbs:

too early for us though, debbie can't get out of the course she's doing before 4.30... then we need to go back home and get both cars (I'll have loaded the yaris during the day, then gone to pick debbie up when she finishes, it's in the city centre though.... fearing traffic everywhere :(

too early for us though, debbie can't get out of the course she's doing before 4.30... then we need to go back home and get both cars (I'll have loaded the yaris during the day, then gone to pick debbie up when she finishes, it's in the city centre though.... fearing traffic everywhere :(

ok so you meeting me and Chris at Donnigton still then at 7pm as per original place/time?

So that makes me and Chris coming down M1.

You/Debbie/Liam (potentially) coming over tops as well but different route etc?

Is that it? Mike's already there...... no one else Friday routing? :blush:

yeah more than different routing, different time more like. Hopefully we'll get to donny services by 7pm

ok well you got mine and Chris's mobile numbers anyway.......

I'll assume for now that Liam is coming with you.....

I will be setting off about 1.30/2.00 around manchester (m6) about 3.00 anbody wanting to tag on can if not see you there,I have pm mike/val/liam and jacko my mobile no if you sort out what you are doing fri night give me a call.

max(mark).