Rubber strips between windscreen & A pillar

bronzee

Does anyone know for sure, if the vertical rubber strips between the actual front windscreen and the A pillar cover are attached to the A pillar cover??? From what I can see on the Courtesy Nissan site in the US, it seems it's a separate gasket, but Nissan here are telling me otherwise, at $699.00 + tax (trade price) per side of course, but they're not 100% sure. :dry:

As a number of you have had your car in pieces, thought you might be able to answer the question.

There is no strip attached to the A Pillar that touches the windscreen. The Trim piece that goes over the a pillar then accross the roof has 2 rubber seals. One is stuck at the top which touches the roof but stops at boths ends of the rook. The other is the one inside the car which the windo sits into, this one does run down the full length of the pillar tho and clips behind the wing. Hope this is some help to you.

:bounce:

Marky or anyone else that can answer the above question. Attached is a pic of the bit I mean. So the black strip rubber the little yellow arrows are pointing too. It's actually 3 bits. Very top bit, about 1 inch, then the long bit almost the depth of the windscreen, and then the little moulded bit at the bottom that sort of rolls over the edge of the plastic window surround. So as before are they actually attached to the pillar cover, ie the painted bit.

ZWindowRubber13Oct2009No2-1.jpg

Ah i see what you mean which means i was wrong with what i said above. So the answer is yes the trim has a rubber strip which is stuck to the back of this cover and runs full length and down the window. I replaced my rubber stip with a 2nd one from R35LEE but i had to strip all the glue off and restick the rubber seal to the cover. See in the pic below this is the car with no cover on.

08092009347.jpg

I think at the time i was being quoted £130 for the pair of rubber seals but dont know how that converts into your money. Hope this helps, anymore info let me know :bounce:

Ah i see what you mean which means i was wrong with what i said above. So the answer is yes the trim has a rubber strip which is stuck to the back of this cover and runs full length and down the window. I replaced my rubber strip with a 2nd one from R35LEE but i had to strip all the glue off and restick the rubber seal to the cover. See in the pic below this is the car with no cover on.

08092009347.jpg

I think at the time i was being quoted £130 for the pair of rubber seals but dont know how that converts into your money. Hope this helps, anymore info let me know :bounce:

Thank you for that Marky. :D Very helpful. :)

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know for sure, if the vertical rubber strips between the actual front windscreen and the A pillar cover are attached to the A pillar cover??? From what I can see on the Courtesy Nissan site in the US, it seems it's a separate gasket, but Nissan here are telling me otherwise, at $699.00 + tax (trade price) per side of course, but they're not 100% sure. :dry:

As a number of you have had your car in pieces, thought you might be able to answer the question.

In the UK the rubber strip referred to is part of the A Pillar as is the rubbers along the top which run the length of the roof.

They cost £298.58 per side + vat unpainted. :scare:

In the UK the rubber strip referred to is part of the A Pillar as is the rubbers along the top which run the length of the roof.

They cost £298.58 per side + vat unpainted. :scare:

Yes, same, definitely attached to the pillar. I looked at options of perhaps replacing with a better quality rubber (just the rubber, as the pillars are still perfect, bar the rubber). There doesn't seem to be any gaskets that would fit in a suitable manner. Investigated. Might investigate having some made, obviously this end of the pond.

Interesting that you say unpainted Alex, as the ones I was quoted on this end of the pond, was with the suitable coloured paint (although they may have been wrong). Which wouldn't match to everything else of course.

This end of the world with our extremely harsh UV rays, it's a very common problem for the rubber to start to perish, so if someone can come up with some bright answer at a reasonable price (just the rubber not the actual pillar cover), may have a captive audience.

Slightly disappointing quality of rubber there and on the door/window frame, not seen this on older Nissan's. Out of interest on cars that get any love and are detailed and some that are never cleaned, whether they be garage kept or otherwise.