Will a Nissan/Clarion HU replace the Bose/Clarion?

HampshireRob

Anyone know if this Nissan/Clarion HU will work as a direct replacement for the standard Bose/Clarion HU without wiring loom and/or connector mods?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290357649033&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Reason: It keeps the Nissan look but it gives an AUX for iPod, etc instead of tape. Note that i'm not expecting it to sound any better/worse as it's likely to be very similar internally.

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi there! If it brand new then ask if it comes with the original Nissan box, looking at his location id be pretty sure its nicked from the production line!!! Also im 99% sure the wiring is different and the plugs are different. He states it has bluetooth, it will! but without the microphone and bluetooth module then it is a waste of time as these are not built in!!!! :blush:

If you want it just for the stereo then it should be Ok once you have matched the wires and he can guarantee it has never been in a car before, but the bluetooth is out!

They do look nice when lit up though!! The orange will match the rest of the dash.

I will be offering a 'tape hack' service starting this weekend for Nissan Bose HU. Taking to audio feed from the tape deck for a phono / mp3 / Ipod input. Far far better audio quality than FM modulator. Got 3 to do on sunday night and 2 CD changers to replace next week :thumbs:

I will have tape decks already adapted so if people get them fitted at mine or at meets it wont take as long :thumbs: