Anyone work at Nissan

350newbie

Looking at buying a 350z but would like someone (if poss, was done for my old M3) to check on the system any info they have on the service history.

I can pm you the reg...

TTBOMK the service data held within Nissan and BMW are different.

BMW have a Nationwide U.K system which includes all BMW dealers where as Nissan only operate an inhouse dealer system. ie you would require to know the name of the dealer where the car was serviced.

Ahh right,

Based on that I am going to hopefully buy the 350z tomorrow but I am torn between whether to get a £250 vehicle check done or not ( ideally Not).

The car is a 54 JDM with 10 months MOT and last week had its major service and the following was done.

"Last month I replaced the rear discs and pads. This week I have had a full service, replaced all fluids, changed the drive belts, replaced the front pads, plugs and lots more. This car really has had a clean bill of health and at a cost of £1k!"

Car has 59k miles and according to the seller is in Mint condition.

Would you get one done ? or would anyone else??

Ahh right,

Based on that I am going to hopefully buy the 350z tomorrow but I am torn between whether to get a £250 vehicle check done or not ( ideally Not).

The car is a 54 JDM with 10 months MOT and last week had its major service and the following was done.

"Last month I replaced the rear discs and pads. This week I have had a full service, replaced all fluids, changed the drive belts, replaced the front pads, plugs and lots more. This car really has had a clean bill of health and at a cost of £1k!"

Car has 59k miles and according to the seller is in Mint condition.

Would you get one done ? or would anyone else??

If it is a private transaction then you must get the car checked over by someone who has a sound knowlege of the Zed. You also must get a full HPI check carried out.

Ideally the service book should be fully stamped and up to date with all servicing receipts and documents which will then give you the opportunity to check out the validity of same stamps with the appropriate garages. You should also be looking at the history of the car before it came into the U.K.

You should also be looking for proof of ownership and clear title.

Be very careful indeed when departing with your hard earned. :thumbs:

Just tell him you want to see the £1k in receipts. If he starts making excuses, avoid!

Ok he has all the invoices and will bring them tomorrow, he has also given me the number of the garage and I have just called them and they have confirmed it had everything done on its major service i.e, Front Brakes, Brake fluids, Spark plugs, Auxiliary belts, Engine etc etc

Based on that would you get a vehicle check done by the AA or Rac if you know mechanically minded?

I asked them what they thought of the car and they said it was fine no problems at all.