JDM KEY ISSUE

BladesGrant

I have been having an issue with my key. I have been thinking that it's been getting worse for the remote working, have to virtually be in the cr before it works. Now I can't lock it using the remote but when I lock it with the key I can unlock with the remote. Do I need a new battery or is my lock button knackered?!?

I get the felling a new key is going to kill me from Nissan, even a battery swap isn't going to be cheap!!!

If you can still unlock with the key - do you still need to stand next to the car of is it ok as before?

If you need to unlock next to the car then its likely its just your battery - nothing clever you can get them any car parts supplier.

If its ok -ie you can stand a reasonable distance from the car to unlock - then not battery or receiver - its probably some fluff etc on the contacts - pop the key case open and clean up the contacts to the battery and buttons - (I dont know what yours look like but my old Audi A4 had a similar issue - new battery and cleanup fixed it)

Do you have any new fangles radio or satnav gear installed recently? New windscreen? Just wondering if the receiver may have been disturbed or new ICE causing interference???

Just some ideas for you? :)

Cheers guys will try a new battery. I can unlock car with remote but only lock with key. It won't unpaired it changing the battery or opening the key up? Always nervous about keys, will tear my car to pieces no problem but cack it opening a key!!! :lol:

No should be fine its an EPROM chip in the key and wont lose the code if battery removed