370z in germany

kevgreen16

hi all, well am back from my trip to germany, picked my new 370z up on 24th and its now got 3,000 miles on clock, total average of 25.1 mpg, i did a top speed of 167, i thought it was suppose to be restricted to 155 but 167 it had on clock before it stopped accelerating, i must say its a lot quicker than the 350z, very good all the way up to top speed, i dont know if the limiter kicked in or it just ran out of steam at 167 but it did not feel safe at that speed, only criticism of the car is when breaking at high ish speeds the car does want to snake all over the bloody road if your not firmly holding on ( does anyone else who has a 370z find this to be the case as it seems dangerous ????? ), a few other little things am not happy about but only serious one is the breaking and i will wait for your responses to this before i talk to nissan to resolve it but over all very happy, :drive1 hear is a link to some pics of car -

http://picasaweb.google.com/kevgreen16/ ... 92h_fGMRg#

The 370Z is meant to have an actual (not restricted) top speed of 155 mph. The 350Z is electronically limited to 155 mph. With the 370Z, they had to add a spolier on in the U.K. to get the car up to 155 mph; I think it has longer gearing than the 350Z, so despite having a more powerful engine, is meant to have a lower theoretical top speed. This is what the guy from Nissan Europe told me anyway.

The 370Z is meant to have an actual (not restricted) top speed of 155 mph. The 350Z is electronically limited to 155 mph. With the 370Z, they had to add a spolier on in the U.K. to get the car up to 155 mph; I think it has longer gearing than the 350Z, so despite having a more powerful engine, is meant to have a lower theoretical top speed. This is what the guy from Nissan Europe told me anyway.

if thats the case then 167 is quite a bit higher, maybe speedo error but i have been 155 in both the 350zs that i had many times and this did seem a lot faster, keep the comments coming please

155-167 is quite a bit of speedo error.

It would have been useful to have GPS confirmation, as there may have been other factors such as going downhill and backwind. There are also variations in performance between individual engines, so a car that is not electronically limited will have varying top speeds amongst different examples.

In the 350, an actual 155 reads about 158.

155-167 is quite a bit of speedo error.

It would have been useful to have GPS confirmation, as there may have been other factors such as going downhill and backwind. There are also variations in performance between individual engines, so a car that is not electronically limited will have varying top speeds amongst different examples.

In the 350, an actual 155 reads about 158.

no GPS but there was no wind at all the whole trip and i would only risk that speed when it was flat and a dead straight road, and there was good acceleration all the way up, it dident get to 150 and then struggle up to 167 it seemed to just stop at 167, but am happy at that, fast enough for anyone, to be honest anything over 150 in the 370z seems unsafe even on a straight road. thanks for the input mate, kev,