Flywheel Problem

clark354uk

Hi,

I had a new clutch fitted around 6000 miles ago, at the time the mechanic said my flywheel was on the way out. Now when I change gear the car does not kick in smoothly, I have been told that I need a new flywheel, but getting this verified next week. I have also been told that I will have to change the clutch plate!!

Can anyone give me some advice on which flywheel to buy please? I am looking for as cheap as possible, and I don't want to change the clutch.

Thanks in advance.

Clark

Hi,

I had a new clutch fitted around 6000 miles ago, at the time the mechanic said my flywheel was on the way out. Now when I change gear the car does not kick in smoothly, I have been told that I need a new flywheel, but getting this verified next week. I have also been told that I will have to change the clutch plate!!

Can anyone give me some advice on which flywheel to buy please? I am looking for as cheap as possible, and I don't want to change the clutch.

Thanks in advance.

Clark

As From A to Zed has suggested, give me a shout mate and I will talk you through the options. You will not have to change the clutch plate again unless it is faulty or damaged.

Cheers,

Alex.